Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Unlocked car ????

Mike169

Hi All.

On my 4.3.5 Rav, button start stop, alarmed of course, well anyway some mornings when I go to unlock it to put things in, go for a drive and so on I find it is already unlocked, nothing has been taken from it nor do I believe someone has tried to steal it and I am presuming there is a car not too far away from mine with the key fob on the same frequency as mine. I have been out the front to see if anybody's car's indicators flash but to no joy, perhaps someone who goes to work before I get out. Am I right in thinking I can't change the frequency and there's not much I can do about it?

Thanks, Mike.

Are you sure it is locking?  Just wonder whether something is interfering with the signal when you're trying to lock the car and it isn't locking. Could be anything such as National Grid transmissions, neighbour's wireless doorbell, wireless internet router, emergency services radio equipment, etc.

Hi Frosty.

Once I have locked the car either by the black button  in the middle of the front handles or the single rear door or even using then buttons on the remote I always check either rear door which of course has no black button so the car cannot be accidentally be unlocked again after pressing the black buttons on the two front doors or the single rear door as I learnt it is easy to unlock the car again if still holding onto the front handles whilst locking say the front doors by the central black plastic buttons. As for all your other idea's anything is possible but at the time of locking the car I ensure by the 2 rear doors it is locked.

Thanks, Mike.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links