Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Driv3r

Fidgits

Just incase you were considering buying Driv3r... DONT!

What a waste of money :angry:

I played the orignal many years ago, and thought this would be a nice follow-on..

Firstly, the graphics havent improved much from the PS1 version! the cars are very polygon!

Secondly, the collison mechanics are truely awful! (and i mean awful)..

I've seen cars fall into the road, people bouncing 5 mins after you've killed them because the game cant decide where they should lie.. etc etc...

Its tried to get a GTA3/getaway style 'on foot' as well, which hasnt worked, mainly due to the slow controls... your being shot and it takes forever to turn the guy around and aim.. the controls are just too 'clunky' for a GTA style, and it doesnt have the addtional 'hide' feature that helped getaway..

Every car is RWD... and i dont mean theyre all US muscle cars... no, the Fiat 126 is RWD and can powerslide..

Every car has exactly the same performance.. yes really!! the only exception is the moped which goes about 1/2 the speed.. but the Lambo/126 etc all go the same speed!

The 'free drive' is a nice feature, and probably the best, since the missions are far too linear, and very frustrating...

The police, they will chase you for the smallest thing (press the accelerator/catch a kerb), and as for AI :lol: , they just sit right behind you.. so if you want to lose them, you just clip a car going the same way (on a straight bit of road) to spin it.. it collects the police.. voila.. lost them...

At this point, i'd like to mention something positive... but i havent found it yet...

Fidgets, thats quality advice.

I was thinking of treating myself to this, guess I won't bother now

Fidgets, thats quality advice.

I was thinking of treating myself to this, guess I won't bother now

mate...

go spend the 40 quid on some compost....

same thing, only the compost actually has a use! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads-up, I was gonna just buy it but I'll rent instead now. :thumbsup:

gotta wait for it to come out on pc, watcha think the chances the graphics would be better on that??

I read it had the most expensive advert for a computer game ever - shot on location round the streets of LA or somewhere with a '69 Shelby GT 'Elenor' - I've seen it once I think - nice waste of money there then! :rolleyes:

cheers dude. i was going to get it as well as i enjoyed the first 2 but glad you waned me

cheers

lee

could have told you that lol I live on live :)

PGR2 and rainbow have to be the best 2 out there...

well, had a play at lunchtime, almost at the end of a level, and the whole game freezes...

So, that was the last straw, I took it back for a refund...

after explaining the statutory consumer rights to the Dixons branch manager, he agreed to 'make an exception' and give me a refund.. (which he legally had to do anyway!)

seriously guys.. save your money!

close one, was literally on my way out to buy it!

cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links