Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reverse camera installed into x-touch

Rporteo

Hello all, just a quick post to show the reverse camera I’ve istalled on my daughters (ahem) Peugeot 108, using a £25 loom off Amazon along with an £8 camera! Dead easy to fit, took about 2 hours all in but I reckon I could half that time easily now that I’ve done it once! There was however an issue with the loom where the instructions said the put the oem cable into the loom, customer services from the company told me I missed be doing it wrong, but then an email to technical support told me to leave the oem cable out completely! Couple and days of email exchanges heals up the job a bit. Here’s the loom.... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LY5SLM6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_WX9mBbSNWWVZHand the camera... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013AUMV12/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_H09mBbDRQK3Z0
£33 all in👍👍

Oh and the camera needs to be powered by the ignition feed and not the reverse light feed. Found that easily enough behind what would’ve been the electric door mirror switch previously when hard wiring in the Dashcam.

Initially found this mini site when looking for firmware upgrades for the headunit to try to get some sort functionality for mirror link on iPhone, no joy there it seems....

1D7A6D69-EA26-4A46-93BF-2598FAB7928D.jpeg

1E46E267-BC7A-4ECE-9885-94BFD3AB660B.jpeg

On the Aygo, X-touch already comes with the reversing camera on the pre July facelift.

• 10 months later...

Hi.. I would like to do the same job... 

Could you give me other information about the connections you did?

I bought the same cable as you , I saw an 8-pin socket in the rear of the display unit.. now it is empty..

Did you use for the supply of the reverse camera the 2 output (6V!!) of the cable?

Please, help me!

Thanks,

Salvatore

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links