Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust Recommends Please

BLOODUK

What exhaust would you recommend for my MR2 GT turbo? , i was looking for something that gives a DEEP sound but not massive and it helps with the BHP.

Also being 1992 can i get a full system without failing any decat mot?

H&S .. www.haywardandscott.co.uk

and a powerdrill through the cat :thumbsup:

I'm running an HKS Super Drager with Aussie exhaust de-cat pipe... sounds quality and really really free'd up gas flow (what us turbo boys need! ;) )

re the '92 thing if its used before the 1st august 1992 then your ok otherwise its a cat test.

Anyone have an aftermarket exhaust on thats a cat back one? Just want to know if they make a difference? I dont think i can be ****d to keep fitting the cat every year etc etc

No need... there is no exact match for MR2 Turbo in the analyser database or in the dot emissions book.

mot-cat-turbo.jpg

...with regards to a cat back exhaust, I was running the super drager from cat back and it made a difference... but when the aussie downpipe was fitted... ****** me! :ph34r: :o

Yup - no need for a cat .. but I've heard rumblings that this loophole may be closed soon ..

Time to make friends with your MoT place then! :D :lol:

Bibbs, your right - that would explain the new VOSA book an MOT mech showed me last week - basically there is only an MR2 now - not classed as import or not ! - I tried my best to argue it with him but he said look mate, i go by this book and its brand new !

I was gonna post on here about it but thought again as i thought he was wrong! Seems like it is being closed then! Bugger.

Guess I'll find out February next year... :P

Ditto .. I may ask them to put the probe in the tail pipe I block up 30 seconds before hand ..

...my misses said somethin similar the other week...(!)

:o :lol:

Does that make you a butt :arrgg-matey:

Good choice! :P

Bare in mind that it is mainly aluminised mild steel (thick gauge - so worry not about rust!)... and the rear cans are stainless. I'll post piccy later.

Very nice!!!! , btw your spoiler looks the dogs <if my vocabulary was any smaller, it would be nearly as small as my genitals> ;)

Thank you mate. It's only a Toyota Rev5 'Combat' spoiler though... :)

. It's only a Toyota Rev5 'Combat' spoiler though... :)

Who cares , it looks good suits the car and i like it, its all that matters ;)

Ya forgot to tell him its £600 odd :D I think the Blitz NUR is the muttz..single exit = light weight bout 550 I think.

Why not go custom? Im planning to get a titanium single exit stright thru system at the end of summer. £350 all in and carried out by a pro who works on zorsts+manifolds for rally cars. :yes:

i have that twin exit super drager exhaust but its not loud at all i don't know if the car has a different down pipe though i will have to find out some how

My Drager got a lot louder/deeper with the cat removed, and the aussie downpipe in place.

It's not the loudest on the market though... but when my car is on full chat my friends have said it sounds awesome as it goes by! It works for me. :ph34r:

...and it cost me a shade shy of a grand. :wacko:

I paid almost nothing for my exhaust .. but a de-cat makes it awesome sounding.

And it also spits flames when warm ..

oh yes... flames are good! Specially when you have someone trying to chase! They know your car is a bit serious!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links