Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remapping Stock Ecu...

Jesus

As mentioned several weeks ago in a thread about intercoolers, I said I was working on measuring stock intercooler efficiency... well, the work has started and we should have some results pretty soon.

If all goes to plan, we'll be remapping the stock ECU and introducing a custom made ice cold water spray system for the intercooler to be mapped in, which is determined by the way you have been driving, throttle position, boost and inlet temperature (simple description).

Here's some piccies anyhoo... [note the use of the 6 pound hammer to prop open engine lid! :ph34r:]... and no, it's not me in the pics!

log2a.jpg

log3a.jpg

log4a.jpg

log5a.jpg

log1a.jpg

I wanted to do something similar with engine temps and before/after the tom's scoops ..

I'm planning on getting Tom's scoops Bibbs... so you can use my results eh?! :lol: :P

Currently measuring temperature at the intake, air flow at the intake, charge temperature before the intercooler, charge temperature after the intecooler, ambient intercooler temperature, oil temperature, boost, revs, throttle position, air/fuel ratio... so should be pretty thorough!

lol - I got as far as digging out my volt meter, realised it needed a new Battery and forgot about the idea ..

Would be great if you could also compare your stock IC efficiency results with an aftermarket item such as the Greddy IC as US reports ive read stated they only improve by 10%max over stock item. Look forward to results. Oh and funky CF gauge panel dude :thumbsup: Gimme!

Put some petrol in you tight git 

hehehehehehehe... :lol::lol: :P

Knew someone would spot it!!! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links