Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Please Help

George16v

Well guys I have been a Renault Sport Owner for the last 7 years, I currently own a 2001 model of the Renault Sport Clio and have taken the power to 192bhp which is good fun, However this little beauty is costly WAY too much money,

So I am selling up and after having five of these, I am keen to go for an MR2 Turbo. Age between 1991 and 1995 and will spend up to £4000.

However I have no idea what these cars are capable of or what they are like for reliablity and Insurance (which is important as I live in Westminster and am only 24).

Please could you tell me about:

Performance of standard turbo models?

Potention of the Turbo models?

Isurance Group - rough prices?

Reliability - must be better than Renault?

And things I should look for when looking for the car?

Much apreciated in advance for help!

And hopefully be on here, more in the future

George

have a look at the sticky threads at the top of the MR2 section .. they'll give you a history and tuning tips etc ..

and if you think a Clio is expensive to run .. :)

THIS thread will tell, you the differences in years/revisions ..

Just thought I would put some details of my clio

1087286653__1083750117__Picture003.jpg

1086688467__BackLeft.jpg

Edited by Bibbs : due to "for sale" nature

Sorry fella .. but only full member are allowed to pimp their wares on the site ..

have a look at this thread ..

That's cool .. :thumbsup:

Hope you are finding the info you are after ..

the 3s-gt3 engine is a bullet proof beast .. it's been used in rally spec (Celica GT4) for years, been used in Japan race comps and even in 700+ bhp supras so the tuning potential is there.

Standard the early cars are 220bhp and the latter are 240bhp, but a simple FCD and g-valve will get you an extra 40bhp ..

Insurance varies .. some people get good deals others get fleased .. for 20 somethings it looks to be about £800 - £1600 a year ..

And if you are looking at a car - let us know and someone wil probably offer to have a look over for you (I'm in Reading) ..

Also pop along to the Reading Jap meet (2nd tuesday of the month) or the Southern TOC Meet in 2 weeks @ Fleet. I'll be there and you can have a look over my car ..

Sounds good matey!

I am in London so can get to Reading pretty easily.

Is there a website with details of this meet - would only be able to go to ones at the weekend though TBH as work in the city so have no life outside London during the week!

Hi mate, I'm in north west london so lemme know if you see a car in my area and I'll help ya out with it if you want :thumbsup:

Where abouts in North West London mate, As I am going to be going to Potters Bar tonight for a meal, Would it be possible to pop by and have a look at your car!!

Pretty Please, haven't even sat in one yet,lol

If so my email is gadmin@clsb.org, could let me know postcode and time to meet, Leave work at about 4:30 today to try and beat the traffic.

Thats a non turbo model mate....your only looking at 174bhp....think ur after the Turbo....all turbos are imports mate...thats a UK car... :thumbsup:

I know, But what sought of performance would you get from a non Turbo like that one, or is it not worth it

Depends what you are after .. about 200bhp is the limit on 2.0 NA's without seroius cash ..

But you will get 50% better MPG ..

Reading meets are mid-week .. and the Sourthen meet is on the 11th - check out the threads in the Meets section ..

Hi mate, you might aswell have a look and drive the NA if its closeby, then we can meet up and have a spin in my tubby and you'll have a better picture of what you want :thumbsup: P.S. sent you email!

What would the N/A one be like 0-60, Mine is a 2.0 16v N/A and I can get it to about 6secs. But obviouls ymine is lighter

I *think* its about 7 seconds, not too sure. I know rev 1 and 2 turbos are officially 5.7 and rev3s are 5.4

Sorry really it ain't worth going for an N/A as I can imagine I would want a Turbo after about a month of being Thrashed by Turbo'd ones, lol

So - Just nned to sell mine and find one now, Am excited already.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links