Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Independent in Leicester area

pdg330

Hi folks,

I'm new and have just purchased a 2013 Auris hybrid.

Really enjoying the car, which is in the best colour (island blue) in my opinion, and very low miles considering the year (<40k).

Please could people recommend some good toyota independent garages in the Leicestershire area, since the car is now due a service and I don't want to take it to the stealers or pursue their service plans.     There is 'toyotek' in Lincoln but that's too far away in all honesty.

Thanks in advance,

PdG

A couple of things to bear in mind regarding servicing of hybrid vehicles five years old plus are:

1). Toyota dealers undertake a hybrid health check with each service - see http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-hybrid-health-check

Once your car is outside the hybrid Battery warranty (on a 2013 car 8 years/100,000 miles), the annual hybrid health check extends the hybrid Battery warranty by 1 year/10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The hybrid health check hybrid Battery warranty can be extended up to the car's tenth birthday, which can equate to 11 years of cover.

2). Toyota offer Essential Care servicing for vehicles over five years old, which is a reduced price servicing scheme - https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/service-mot-maintenance/servicing

currently this costs £120 for the Silver service (equivalent to Intermediate) and £200 for the Gold service (equivalent to Full).

Plus there is currently an offer for a Silver service and MOT for £99.

Whilst I am no  great promoter of main dealerships in general, I feel that, in your case, the above "information" from Frostyballs does have merit.

13 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Plus there is currently an offer for a Silver service and MOT for £99.

If you do try to use this offer it may be worth printing off a paper copy of it, or being able to show them the relevant Toyota link on your phone. 

My local dealer (one of a chain of 18, but not near you) had no knowledge of this offer, and when I showed them evidence of its existance, said that it would be a lesser service than a Silver Service; that they "would not fit a new drain plug washer" etc. etc...

Here is the offer on Toyota's website, and it specifically says that the offer is a Silver service - https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/99-service-mot-offer?utm_source=ToyotaOwnersClub&amp;utm_media=FB&amp;utm_source=ToyotaOwnersClub&amp;utm_medium=ForumLinks

^Subject to availability. The offer shown is valid until December 2019. Vehicles must be five years or older and Hilux is excluded. A Toyota Essential Care Silver Service and standard MOT (in Northern Ireland, this will be an MOT pre-check) will be carried out at the same visit, once only, within the validity period for a total value of £99 including VAT. This offer cannot be redeemed in conjunction with any other offer and can be utilised at any participating Authorised Toyota Service Centre. Additional maintenance or repair items may be recommended by your Authorised Toyota Service Centre following completion of the Toyota Essential Care Silver Service and/or standard MOT/MOT pre-check and will be at an additional cost. Please make reference to “£99 Service & MOT offer” to your Toyota Service Centre.

Exactly, that's why I posted about it. It's there clearly in the T+Cs, but my local dealer made a dubious 'upsell' attempt to push you into a normal Silver service at £120.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links