Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo not starting if you restart quickly

Tarawara

Hi

when we stop the car with the dipped lights on for a few minutes and then try to start up again the car won't start. We have to turn the dipped lights off and wait a few minutes and then it starts. Say for example you start car , put lights on and then realise you have to go into house for something and leave lights on just for a minute, when you try to start the car again it won't go. It starts every other time and I know some people will say don't leave the lights on lol but it's dark and it's only for a minute. We got the Battery checked a few months ago and they said it was fine so I was wondering has this happened to anyone else?

Hi,

I cannot reply to your question but what I know is that:
- the Battery on the Aygo is small, so you should not let any equipment on while the car is off, the Battery could run empty very quickly: a friend of mine parked with the warning lights on and when he came back, the Battery had depleted
- I have always been told to start the engine and only then to turn the lights on, otherwise it uses more battery to start off (and you can see it because the lights on the dashboard flickers)

Although you had the Battery checked a few months ago, was the issue you have occurring then and has the Battery been checked recently?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links