Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Really need help

eastender lee

Hi, 

Hope someone can help as this is doing my nut in!

I have changed all discs and pads on my 03 plate avensis,  all went on fine, but i have a scraping noise from the drivers rear, it may be the same on passenger rear as well but very slight and drivers rear is alot louder,  i have had the wheels off so many times trying to eliminate what could be the cause,  it also gets louder when turning corners but ok when in reverse. i have checked the backing plate, and made sure the clips the pads sit in are not rubbing on the disc, i have taken the pads out and turned the disc and still have a scrapping noise. but when i take the disc off and turn the wheel base its quiet. i have loosened the handbrske right off and still have it.  Its driving me mad, i have checked that the bearings are ok which they are, never had this issue prior to changing the discs/pads. nI have checked the fronts as well to ensure the backing plates are ok and the clips that hold the pads in are free from the disc just so i knew that the noise was not travelling making it sound like the rear. 

Been like it for a week now, i checked the discs today for score marks but nothing.

Has anyone got any idea? its doing my head in!

Thanks in advance.

Lee

Noise came after the change?

Keep driving, it will disapear after some time.

Yes, it came after the change, everything else possible has been checked,

Thanks Dean 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links