Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Right dash indicator light has mind of its own ???

Lenny67

Hello, firstly I would like to apologise in advance if this is post is in the wrong forum/place.

I have a great little Aygo (2010) but it has the most annoying fault with the right indicator light on the dashboard. I have driven it all through summer

and had no problems at all. Now as the weather is changing (not sure if that's a factor)the indicator light for turning right chooses to work or not work at random.

When its not working it does not affect the actual indicators or the hazard lights  but im constantly  stressed they aren't showing my intentions to turn. 

I would really appreciate any advice/help with this problem as yesterday it worked 75% of turns, today 100% so far, but Saturday it decided not to work at all ????

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Regards John.

So on the dash it shows all ok, but the outside light is not working?

Does it "click" faster than the other side?

Same for front and back?

What if you turn the hazards on?

Do write any other info you can think of.

Thanks for the reply. 

The outside indicators work perfectly and the clicks are normal speed. Its just the dashboard inside signal light (for turning right) decides to work

when it wants to. When its not working  the outside lights work perfectly as do the hazard lights but turning in-front of oncoming traffic or joining the

motorway without 100% confidence is quite scary... 

So, the outside indicators work fine, and clicks all work fine, but the light on the dash is not blinking?

Could be just bad solder connection, so it works intermittently, but to fix this, or even to diagnose if it's not this, most probably you need to take the dashboard apart.

If i were you, and you know it's working, and you hear the clicking sounds, then i'd ignore it, as long as it's clicking.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links