Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ice Ice Baby.....

Jimlad

Ok...

Is the stock amp powerfull enough to run new Speakers etc ??

As I'm getting a sub v soon and will be using an amp to power that.

Also.. what are the door speaker sizes ?

I've read before that people recommend not using the rear Speakers etc. Just a case of disconnecting them ? Is it worth replacing the tweaters in the door mirrors?

thank you !!

as well as being a car !Removed!, I'm also an ICE !Removed!. I only know how to drive the thing and pay other people to do things.. lol.

Ok...

Is the stock amp powerfull enough to run new speakers etc ??

As I'm getting a sub v soon and will be using an amp to power that.

Also.. what are the door speaker sizes ?

I've read before that people recommend not using the rear speakers etc. Just a case of disconnecting them ? Is it worth replacing the tweaters in the door mirrors?

thank you !!

as well as being a car !Removed!, I'm also an ICE !Removed!. I only know how to drive the thing and pay other people to do things.. lol.

I wouldnt bother with the stock amp if youre going to be putting some decent components in there to be honest.

Door speaker wise I think you need some custom spacers, I got mine of a previous mr2 owner and already have some.

As for the rears see if you can just fade them out totally off your headunit, saves you reconnecting them should you need to in the future and also provides a backup incase something happens to your amps!

As for replacing the tweets, a good set of components will obviously come with that as part of the package.

do you know what sizes of speaker fit in doors ?

I have 5" with spacers, they slot in lovely, thats about all I know as the chap before hand built them!

Well i love my sound as im a musician! doh!

The stock amp is fine unless you want to blow your ear drums away, especially if your running your sub on a different amp, that means that the stock amp will just handle the Speakers hence you should take all the bass out of them and control the sub bass completely through the new sub amp controls. I have 17cm kenwoods in my doors and they fitted perfectly without and modification or spacers, i think its just a case of turning your Speakers around inside the hole until you find the screw holes that match the current layout (although your Speakers may be upside down or sideways like mine!lol but you still get the same sound). Its DEFINATELY worth upgrading the tweeters, mine made SO much difference to the old components i was running. I have some kenwood 200w tweeters, and, unless you want to blow your eardrums, you wont need any more.

Sorry for the huge lump of text with no spaces, just went into one and kept writing!lol

Dave!

They vary but not hugely, most should just squeeze into the foam surround behind the tweeter cover. fairly easy to wire up aswell :)

I've also just remembered....is it 100 posts for non members before they get cut off as i better save mine till i get paid!lol :rolleyes:

Dave!

Jim - how about a search .. it's been covered SO many times ..

The mid Speakers are pony, bin them along with the standard wiring, amps etc ..

The stock tweeters do noting apart from make a tinny static noise .. So get good ones to replace them .. and they need to be as far away from your head as possible ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links