Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo 2013 very weak fan

BlueAygo2013

Hi, 

First let me send apologies if this subject has been discussed before. I tried the search facility, but I guess there are issues on the forum. Logging on the forum, and search both took a very long time, including several timeouts. I gave up... so again: sorry if this has been discussed before.

Today is the first time I drove the Aygo from 2013. It seems to be a great city car. I hope it will bring me a lot of pleasure.

There was one thing though which was slightly problematic already. I had fogged windows and it was almost impossible to blow them clear. 

So when I was back home after a 30minutes trip with the Aygo I investigated the fan options. 

No matter which setting I tried, even on the highest fan wind blowing there is almost no wind coming out of any ventilation grille. I tried inside-the-car-air-circulation (no idea what English word to use lol) and I tried  the wind-comes-from-outside-into-the-car setting.

Nothing created a really convincing air flow. When the left knob is on the upper position it should blow on the front window. I felt: but there is almost no wind. I hear a lot of blowing though. So the fan responds on the center knob 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 ... on zero it is quiet and on 4 it is blowing out loud)

So my questions are:

1. Is this common behavior in these cars?

2. If not, what could be wrong?

Thanks for any help!

Greetz

BlueAygo2013

Perhaps I used the wrong English words.

Let me try again:

I mean there is almost no air from the vents. Even when the fan-knob is set on 4 (Max).

There is a pollen-filter in the car. Is there a chance this is causing this trouble?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links