Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Failed My Mot - Need Advice

Nippon

Guys,

Just had my car fail MOT today for various things, some worn parts around steering rack, but mainly because of the orange front side lights that are fitted as standard on all imports....the car is a Jap import G-ltd, it was imported in 2000 and has passed 3 previous MOTs with the orange sides.....

So what gives ? am I having my leg lifted or what ?

Also what size tyres are fitted as standard on UK MR2s are they 225-50-15s ? cos my Jap car has some wierd size (225-55-15) on the back which I have been quoted over £100 each for

Cheers... :thumbsup: the bill is fast approaching a grand with some other work I have had done and I could really do without paying out another £100 for some clear corners right now.

The Jap tobleone lights are illegal .. some places just turn a blind eye to it ..

I take it by toblerone you mean the side repeaters, they never mentioned those other than the fact that one of them was cracked......it's the orange corner sidelights that they've pulled me for......anyone else had this trouble ?

ahh .. the whole orange front ones .. Yup .. sidelights must be white ..

What colour is the car .. cause my old repeaters (tinted) are at Rogue systems .. they have the clear centre section ..

ahh .. the whole orange front ones .. Yup .. sidelights must be white ..

What colour is the car .. cause my old repeaters (tinted) are at Rogue systems .. they have the clear centre section ..

Alright mate,

the car is black, failing that where is the cheapest place to get the full clear front sidelights and clear corner indicators from ?

black3.jpg

try japcity in stockton also jap parts. they're in the auto trader.

japcity is 01642 253525

jap parts 01642 672255

just found these on eBay £ 66 , dont know if they any good for you im not into mr2's

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...bayphotohosting

also these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...6&rd=1&tc=photo

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...1&rd=1&tc=photo

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...0&rd=1&tc=photo

the last ones arnt as good looking but probly the cheapest

buy it from ur local Toyota.... £40 for a pair....

a breaker wants it for £35 + vat + delivery EACH!!! and it's used

alright geezer, i can sell you a pair of almost clear sidelights, by almost clear i mean they go [orange reflector/clear sidelight/clear indicator] <-- look at my pic to see how it looks. I've technically already sold these on eBay but the little ******* on eBay hasnt paid for them so theyre sitting here in my room.... If youre interested lemme know. I cant give a price here since thats against the board rules really, I'll PM you with details!

£ 40 a pair sounds cheap from toyota , the celica ones are £ 70

as I said .. mine are tinted, but legal .. sat @ Rogue Systems ..

WHAT A CROCK THIS ALL IS!

I'm sick of some MOT guys sticking to one rule and one for others,

My mate has an American Day-Van that has been in the country 6 years and only this year it has failed on orange side lights.

Anyone noticed that the new Land Rover has orange side lights built into the indicators???

What a joke.

Rant over..lol.

yeah they should fail them all as an orange light , even 1 not flashing could be seen as indicating to some- thus causing accidents.But its true, its who you know not what you know , being mates with an mot tester i have seen lots of mates cars go through and the not well known peoples cars fail on the same things :wacko:

On my old mini, my rear fog lamp didnt work, after the cops pulled me for a random stop they told me to get it fixed and get and MOT stamp to prove it... took my mini to my MOT officer, he kicked it and it came on for a few seconds and went off again.. he passed it!

It what makes me laugh .. at least we are trying to be legal .. half the max muppets with their kit are trying to be illegal !!

that's pap !

Toyota passed my MOT with my lights etc.

Thats because you have white side lights JimLad.. are you reading this thread at all??..lol.

that's pap !

Toyota passed my MOT with my lights etc.

Thats because you have white side lights JimLad.. are you reading this thread at all??..lol.

Was just gonna say that ...but you beat me too it ! :thumbsup:

I know that Russell has a spare set of stock ones with white side lights.. I'm sure he might let you borrow them for your MOT!

I've bought 'DeusMR2's old ones for 20 quid......plus p&p

Which is nice,cos someone off my local site www.cliftonmoorracing.co.uk want's to buy me old ones for a tenner......

Bonus :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links