Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pc9-406 Adapter Bodge

Ally

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the PC2-406 adapter for the active speaker system?

My brother has just bought himself a new head unit but can't afford the adapter to make the thing work easily so muggins has been asked to wire it up for him.

Any help would be great.

It really is ***** easy to wire, i bought the pc9-411, opened it up and everything was just a straight conenction!!! £35 for a few wires and a plug ffs!! at the time i was in too much of a rush to get down the colours though sorry....

However there is a wiring diagram lurking somewhere for the active system, im sure someone will post it up in a bit, if not i'll have a look around for it (sidenote: the diagrams were useless for me n thats why i bought the adaptor)

I found a wiring diagram at

http://www.xs4all.nl/~chiayu/hendrikse/mr2/headunit.html

The colours in the description all match up (the daigram's colours are wrong but the pins seem right) - so far so good.

The radio part of the CD player works fine and is sounding sweet BUT as soon as I put a CD in the thing has abit of a tantrum. Basically, the areial motor kicks in (as I would expect because the radio has turned off) and the CD display starts to flash but then the unit turns itself off (more areial movement) and then back on again repeatedly.

Could this be a short circuit that is happening somewhere when the CD starts up, or is there a grounding problem???

There are two wires which the wiring diagram does not have any record of green + green/white - anyone know what they are for?

Any help would be appreciated cos this is getting really frustrating!

Cheers

Ive just done the mr2 turbo myself , Yes it can be done its a good few hrs VERY fiddly lots and lots of screws it can be done.

Basically Ive wired the damn thing up straight to the cdplayer while cutting the old wires from the Speakers *the mr2 Wires from amp* , the amp in the mr2 IS CRAP .

I Cut the old wires from the rear Speakers and cut the old wires from the rear subs i then wired the Rear Speakers TOP to the rear subs BELOW near seat , then underneath the carpet to the cd player, do this for both rear left and rear right.

The front speakers i took the door panel off and I looked at the colour of the wires coming from the them and took out the connection just near the door panel inside the car behind a plastic panel behind that which looks like a white block with wires coming out of it , i cut the old wires off which was coloured to the speaker in the door then running a new wire from the cut wires to the cdplayer, i did this for FRONT L AND R.

I cut the amp power cable from the cdplayer so it didnt power the car amp anymore, i then basically plugged my bass box self powered straight to the amp on the cdplayer side - cable blue/white that was cut , this was controlling my amp now and not the cars. If you dont have an amp dont worry, aslong as the you have the pc9-406 connected, and the aerial connected and cut the Amp cable on the cdplayer side it will work fine while using the speaker wires from the cdplayer direct to the new wires of the speakers ;)

The sound is incredible now, atm its only running the speakers in the car and not ones ive bought i can do that later i cant turn up the bass to high otherwise it will vibrate, but ive got a bass box for that job :0

Hope this helps, you wont find any better description of how to do the audio system in the mr2 atleast its cheaper than getting a pro install done, and easier just to bypass the crap amp

aslong as the you have the pc9-406 connected

Thnks for the advice - only problem is I don't havew the PC9-406 cable. I've done a butcher job on the toyota fitting and got most of it working just this problem with the power going out when the cd tries to come on. (fine with radio).

Any suggestions?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links