Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yay Yay Yay

BLOODUK

My car is insured i can now drive the mr2 legaly my first TURBO car ever, not only that ive never driven a car over 115bhp before let alone 200+. £947 with bell direct , 24yrs old , 5yrs ncb :)

Dude.. congrats BUT.. please please please respect the car.. with regards to power etc..

dont try and be flashy..too soon.. but enjoy.. you will love it..

Dude.. congrats BUT.. please please please respect the car.. with regards to power etc..

dont try and be flashy..too soon.. but enjoy.. you will love it..

Hey just cause its insured now doesnt mean i havent been driving it before... but shhhh :D

I have lots of plans for the car but the first step is NEW alloys and a complete respray, the car is a 92 with 77k miles.

There is one thing i hate about the mr2, and thats the Audio system.... damn why did they have to put an amp in the car, so much for plug and play im gonna have to rip the amp out and rewire without it.

ou said you never driven a car over 115bhp before.....

my mistake i shouldve said "ive never owned a car over 115bhp before", driving someone elses car a few days a week if that isnt the same as having it for yourself and being legal too.

:lol: Nice one ...as mentionerd in the earlier post regarding insurance for your car...is that quote including all mods on your car?

hmm I think there should be a sticky post for new mr2 owners heading "Newbie Turbo drivers..know your limits!"

and points included should be:

- Dont make the mistake of thinking that now you have an rwd car its a drift machine..its not!

- The mr2 is not made for sustained drifts at funny angles It is MR not FR!

- Beware the understeer followed by snap oversteer.

- Drive like a granny in the wet.

- Be carefule of sudden WOT mid corner at 4000rpm-5000rpm unless you crave wiping out.

and so on and so on hehe...

Almost everyone I know who used to own an mr2 has crashed em and they always tell me its because they thought they could drift it or they were not used to the mid-engined chracteristics of the car as their last car was a 80bhp corsa or summat!

I know about the wet already, mum told me lol Dont drive it fast in the wet she said.....

I felt the rear wheels slide when i was traversing this corner, so i basically know its no 4x4 but in straight lines WOOSH , as i said i have driven it a few times before motorway driving, city driving etc. But as with all cars you become one with the car you learn its faults and its merrits ;)

hehe...Pizzaboy is spot on.... B)

don't be naughty with your mr2.... it ain't a drift machine....even the japanese drift king find it hard to drift...

hehe...Pizzaboy is spot on.... B)

don't be naughty with your mr2.... it ain't a drift machine....even the japanese drift king find it hard to drift...

someone speaking from experiance.. :!Removed!: :lol: :P

be carefull with it mate... I'm speaking from experience !

You can actually yo-yo about in a straight in the wet also... done it before.

my mistake i shouldve said "ive never owned a car over 115bhp before", driving someone elses car a few days a week if that isnt the same as having it for yourself and being legal too.

So you drive without insurance alot do you?..lol :wacko::wacko:

So you drive without insurance alot do you?..lol :wacko:  :wacko:

No only the mr2 and only a few times a week, every other car ive ever had was driven legaly. I have so far NO speeding tickets , and no criminal offenses :bookworm:

be carefull with it mate... I'm speaking from experience !

You can actually yo-yo about in a straight in the wet also... done it before.

yeah.. on a couple of occacions.. i have overtaken cars while fishtailing in 2nd gear.. :lol: :!Removed!:

I overtook a car in snow and started sliding right across the road. I wasn;t even going fast !!

Was scary... luckily it straightened up a bit so I could get back infront of the car.

and if you crash into someone who pays for the damage to there car ??

Wont happen now, the cars insured :arrgg-matey: :arrgg-matey: .... Well atleast i hope the crash wont happen too :P

I managed a 45 degree drift up the hill at !Removed! .. nice and wet and the rear end just wanted to go right .. I was doing about 2 mph at the time ..

I managed a 45 degree drift up the hill at !Removed! .. nice and wet and the rear end just wanted to go right .. I was doing about 2 mph at the time ..

U shouldve swung the steering wheel to the left and done 360 up the hill :P

Lol .. wasn't enough room, almost took 3 people and a gazebo out as it was ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links