Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Well Its Happened...

midmotorsteve

ordered a rev2 turbo bundle from rogue! so good bye to n/a days

so i have on offer :

a blitz sus filter with samco mounting kit

Magnex Decat

Thermotec wrapped manifold

totally reconditioned, skimmed 190bhp cam fitted, shim under bucket converted, HKS pullied revision2 head for sale.

This cost me a lot.

£220 worth of recon work, £200 cam shafts, £200 HKS pullies will sell for £300 ono

n/a rev2 HKS 1.2mm metal head gasket

anyone interested drop let me know.

P.S. Matt, got any tubby goodies you'll throw in cheap with the engine bundle :)

well a new 3sge was going to cost £700 for a low mileage, could have got an interglactic one for £100 but why bother.

By block was cracked, else i'd have collected my car with the above head fitted last monday and been a very happy chap. Now i'm going to be a very poor but happy chap. :D

£1500 + vat and millway say £600 fitting it, done it before and they say its an easy job.

Basically i had the choice of get a sound bottom end low mileage 3sge, that would be about £700 +fitting my head (£100) + fitting the whole engine (£300) + r/r setup (£100)

so i'm spending £800 more but will end up with a tubby. Only problem is i only budgeted for a total spend of £1100 to sort all the original problems, now i'll have spent £2500 :!Removed!:

thats a good price,much better than I expected.

Does that include everything?

Clutch/exhaust/gearbox,...u know?..the lot?

or just the actual engine?

Welcome to the dark side!! :ph34r:

The turbo bundle actually includes "engine complete with manifolds, turbo, engine loom, ECU, gearbox, driveshafts, starter motor, alternator, fuel pump, induction piping, dump valve, intercooler, exhaust and all associated ancillaries. "

so a pretty good deal if you ask me.

rev 3 bundles are about £750 more

thats right, would have loved a rev3 bundle but £750 more is just too much :(,

bundle is everything for full conversion. They do bare engines for £700.

Congrats :) sounds like heaps now but your gonna LOVE it!! and with ya NA engine lid it will be a nice sleeper ;) well as much as an MR2 can be.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Heh heh .. you'll be a boost junkie in no time ..

Wasn't tempted to go rev5 Beams?

We've got one of those due in a couple of months.........

We've got one of those due in a couple of months.........

I knew that... lol

I heard you and patrick speaking...

I like how you didn't disclose the price it was tho... lol. :D

I might be interested in your cylinder head. But only if it will go straight in st182 celica (158 bhp 3sge)... Anyone know if the heads are interchangeable (are all the holes in the right place for brackets etc)?

Also, what have you done to the ECU to get 190 bhp?

Cheers,

Mike Batte

ecu doesn't need anything, head will fit. Rougher camshafts, different exhaust and inlets, and the shim under bucket setup so will rev more freely, also skim increases comression ratio. All mechanical way to more power.

To make more power you must be putting in more air (caused by higher lift or longer duration of the cams). More air means more fuel is required.

The ECU needs to know that there is more air than usual in order to administer more fuel. If it has air flow metering then it should sort itself out. I can't remember if it does measure air flow, or if it just works off manifold air pressure and rpm. I will have a look later.

At full throttle the ECU chucks in extra fuel anyway, to prevent overheating/detonation. This might be how the stock ECU manages to make more power with different cams.

What are the cams, and how do they affect driveability / low end performance?

don't know told i should only loose a little low down but gain a fair bit at the top 190bhp was the estimate given by the US tuning company i got them from. As for driving, its all litterally new, never run, never been fitted to car, as it was supposed to go on last week but the gargage found a crack in my block making the upgrade pointless.

i'm thinking about doing this or just part exchanging for a tubby. whats the difference between the rev 1 turbo engine and the rev 2? if you dont mind me asking how much is it all costing, engine & fitting with the vat on top, everything 'in'?

If i hadn't had all the now unnecessary work done before:

£1550

£600

Vat

=£2526 Total

If i hadn't had all the now unnecessary work done before:

£1550

£600

Vat

=£2526 Total

for £2500 wouldn't it make more sense to simply part ex for a tubby tho??

Don't suppose you could email me some photo's of the head? A view of the face and each side would be useful. Just want to make sure all the holes line up with mine.

My email is m.j.batte@lboro.ac.uk

Whereabout's are you located?

Cheers,

Mike Batte

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links