Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Choices...

Jimlad

ok... it's that time again when I'm looking for new rear tyres.

I have previously had Toyos ( still have them on the front ).

I currently have bridegstone so3's on the rear.

Can anyone recommend a good make of rear tyre ??

hi dude, cant give an opinion since ive only been on toyos too (Still on slicks on the back btw lol) but theres a good tyre guide on imoc if you aint seen it before, click on tyres on the menu bar.

Personally, when i get my 17"'s next month, im gonna be getting toyos on the front and something harder on the back, maybe bridgestones or falken

Well JUST last week I got 2 new rear tyre's....went for Bridgestone Grid II's. They are GREAT!! BEST choice yet for me. I have FM901's on the front but wouldn't get them for rear...on the back they wear down to fast. On a side note I have the MAD rear toe in on my back left...almost like it's pointing IN towards the car.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Goodyears?

I'd wanna stick the same front/rear combo though .. cause they are then rated the same for all conditions ..

it wasn't £540 I had planned to spend on the car. I was wanting to use it for something else.

Good choice of tyre mate... I'm running Eagle F1 GSD3's all round. 215/40/17 front and 235/40/17 rear.

Don't want to ***** you off, but I got mine for £332 from a place in London. :ph34r:

Good choice of tyre mate... I'm running Eagle F1 GSD3's all round. 215/40/17 front and 235/40/17 rear.

Don't want to ***** you off, but I got mine for £332 from a place in London. :ph34r:

god damn it!!! Mmm... well I havn't actually paid any money for them yet... just ordered them.

same tyres same sizes as yourself.

How do you find them in the dry and wet ? Also what's the wear rate like ?

I only needed the rears changed, but thought I might as well get them all the same.

i got f1's all round jim, fantastic tyre.

i paid £375, although that is on a 15.

i would shop around if i was you

Don't want to ***** you off, but I got mine for £332 from a place in London.  :ph34r:

god damn it!!! Mmm... well I havn't actually paid any money for them yet... just ordered them.

same tyres same sizes as yourself.

How do you find them in the dry and wet ? Also what's the wear rate like ?

I only needed the rears changed, but thought I might as well get them all the same.

I get on with them fine. They aren't too soft so wear rate is good... and they aren't too hard, so you don't need to get too much heat in them to start working.

Dry is very very good.

Wet? MR2 Turbo? ~275bhp Jimlad? :lol: :D ... in all seriousness, they're a good tyre.

The guy I got them from in London gets 1000's of tyres in containers from the States and Europe (still exactly the same correct rating for here), and sells them on quite cheap. He makes his money by bulk sales as opposed to unit profit.

PM me Jimlad if you want his details. He's in London though, so not sure on the shipping costs... but it should certainly be cheaper than the £200 you could save!

Bare in mind, however, that because he buys his tyres this way, sometimes he gets a better exchange rate etc, so one week a 235/40/17 GSD3 could be £83, and the next week it's £90. You get the jist. :thumbsup:

Just ordered 2 new Pirelli PZeros for the rear.

Here's a quick note about tyres I've had in the past:

Pirelli P6000 - lasted 2 years / 33K miles :eek: on a 114bhp gen6 Celica.

Pirelli PZero - lasted 2 years / 22K miles on a 140bhp gen7 Celica.

Yokohamas - lasted just over 1 year / 9K miles on my NA Mk2 MR2. (was bought with these tyres on, but they looked pretty new).

Never had any handling problems with any of the tyres, although the PZeros on the Celica used to understeer like crazy when the tread was done to 2mm and car was pushed, but easily controllable - won't be so easy in the MR2 !!!!! Yokos are down to around 2mm too, and they're a little twitchy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links