Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Waxoyl

JT

i thought it was about time i rustproofed my car, as it's no longer garaged, and i dont want it to go through a winter unprotected - it was zeibarted when new, and as a result has never been welded, and i want to keep it that way! :D

i bought a waxoyl starter kit and want to do the underneath of the car first. am i best power washing it first, then leaving it to dry out for a few days, then waxoyling, or do i just put it straight on? are there any handy/important do's or dont's because as you can probably tell, ive never used it before. the kit consists of a 2.5l can of the stuff and a spray gun - am i likely to need more than this?

blast all the crap off first or youll seal it all in which isnt good

whenever i do it i put it in a Schultz air compression gun and blast it on all over the bottom of the car. helps if you got a lift and airlines though!

other than that just slap it on with a brush

its good stuff

Might have to think about this myself....14 year old car ain't gonna go forever if it dont get any tlc.....

I gave one of my old AE86's to a garage where i get my MOT's done and he only charged me £30 and he supplied the Waxoyl and did it inside/out :lol:

Having owned 13/14 year old cars that were waxoyled when new i gotta admit it is definitely worth doing.

Rash

and as rash says its cheaper than you think

i did the whole underneath of my mini and it looks loads bettaa an is kind of an investment cuz it'll save u fixin rust later

Cheers ppl :thumbsup:

ill have to try and dig out some ramps, that i think my nan has in her garage

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links