Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aftermarket Headunit Fitting

mjreid

hey, im in the process of fitting my aftermarket headunit to my yaris, ive got all the things i need like the fascia and the autoleads double din converter and the harness adapter but i cant seem to plug in the power cable into the back of my alpine headunit, it goes into the standard one ok but seems incompatable with my alpine, has any1 got any ideas, will i have to cut off both ends and twine the wires together

thanks

the alpine unit should have come with a small ISO loom that plugs into the auto leads adaptor which then plugs into the cars existing loom

yeh that is the way it is set up at the moment, i have the alpines iso leads plugged into the iso leads i bought, then the ones that i bought plugged into the yaris leads, but its just the 2 black cables, the power ones, they dont connect into the iso leads do they, they provide the power,

thanks

ummmmm

can you get some piccys?

its just annoying me that this should happen, the original headunit has a hole where you plug in the power lead doesnt it, but the alpine head unit doesnt have hole, it has a lead. ive tried putting these two leads together but they just dont go, would cuttin off both ends and twining the wires together work?

cheers

Sorry to hijack the thread but could you snd me the part numbers for the Rav4 double din conveter please?

I already know the Fascia and lead part no's

Thanks

The black cable isnt the anteenna by ne chance? U need an aerial adapter from halfrauds...

ill have a look but im not entirely sure what it is, i thought it was the power cable

When I changed the standard cd player there were 3 plugs that went into it but only 2 of them were required for the ISO lead converter. Just pushed the remaning one down into the center console! It only had 2 wires connected into it.

Couldn't figure out what it was for, perhaps for the Toyota display?

hey i think i no now, yeh ur right it is the arial which doesnt fit in, apparently they are both female adapters and i need to get a male one from Halfords so i can pulg them together, thanks for your help, and yeh i was wondereing about that 3rd cable cos the iso lead only takes 2 of them doesnt it! also how do you get out the cigrette lighter from the old dash to put in the new one,

thanks

and also 1 more thing, surely if you havent plugged in the radio anntenna lead into the back of the headunit it should still turn on shouldnt it, and the cdplayer work, even if the radio doesnt?

Yes, make sure the red wires and the yellow wires are connected.....

I.e. 1 yellow wire connected to the other yellow wire!

The muppet at Halfords took these apart and i couldnt figure out for the life of me why it wasnt switching on....

Muppet!

o rite, well out of my headunit i have a yellow wire and i should connect that to another yellow wire. where is the other yellow wire from? and i have a red wire which comes out of the head unit and i should plug it in to the other red wire from the headunit, the red wire furthest away from the headunit has 2 little connectors, should i plug both the red and the yellow wires to the red wire with 2 connectors? i hope u can follow, i cant

ignore the spare red, that i only if you want the system on without the ignition on

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links