Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Malaysian Gp

Carlgolsby

Anyone staying up to watch this one live?

Lets hope Toyota do a bit better this time a finish would be nice for a start!

(500 posts – finally made Guru member status! :D )

Dam, I better start posting, what's the next level....

Second Guru member on the boards, congrats :D :D

Not sure IM staying up for this one as isn't it Saturday night / Sunday morning, and have to leave early to get to the meet...

Mind you from Grottybags post they'll be listening to it en route....

Toyota's first qualifying sesh . . . (from itv1.com)

Cristiano da Matta beat Toyota team-mate Olivier Panis for the first time in Friday qualifying at Sepang.

The Brazilian set the 11th fastest time of the day despite suffering from set-up problems. Da Matta’s performance was made even more impressive by the fact that he had only the one-hour practice session before qualifying with which to acquaint himself with the highly technical circuit.

He said: "The qualifying session today was not too bad for me. It is my first time driving at the Sepang track, so I still have some room for improvement with my driving style here, but it's a track I really enjoy.

"The first qualifying session for me is always a difficult one because I only have the one-hour free practice in the morning to learn the circuit. Today, we got the balance of the car as close as we could, but tomorrow is another day and I am looking forward to it."

Predictably, Panis was less happy.

He said: "It has not been a fantastic day to be honest. We experienced some set-up problems in free practice and in the qualifying, so we have a lot of work to do this evening and in the sessions tomorrow to find the best set-up on the car.

"The main problem today was the grip level, which was not particularly good all day, so we need to improve that for tomorrow. I remain positive though, as I am sure we have some things to play with to find the best solution for second qualifying."

Chief designer Gustav Brunner was not happy with the team’s performance.

He said: "I am a bit disappointed with today. There were set-up problems on both cars, more so on Olivier's than Cristiano's, but we need to get the cars right. We have a little bit of set-up work to do.

"Today we had too much oversteer and too much jumping over the bumps, but we have one-and-a-half hours tomorrow to find a cure for this, so I am still sure we can make a few places up in tomorrow's qualifying and get both cars in the top ten."

1 M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari 1m34.980s

2 BARRICHELLO Ferrari 1m35.681s

3 MONTOYA Williams BMW 1m35.939s

4 RAIKKONEN McLaren Mercedes 1m36.038s

5 COULTHARD McLaren Mercedes 1m36.297s

6 TRULLI Renault 1m36.301s

7 HEIDFELD Sauber Petronas 1m36.407s

8 FRENTZEN Sauber Petronas 1m36.615s

9 BUTTON BAR Honda 1m36.632s

10 ALONSO Renault 1m36.693s

11 DA MATTA Toyota 1m36.706s

12 FISICHELLA Jordan Ford 1m36.759s

13 R.SCHUMACHER Williams BMW 1m36.805s

14 PANIS Toyota 1m36.995s

15 VILLENEUVE BAR Honda 1m37.585s

16 WEBBER Jaguar 1m37.669s

17 FIRMAN Jordan Ford 1m38.240s

18 VERSTAPPEN Minardi Cosworth 1m38.904s

19 WILSON Minardi Cosworth 1m39.354s

20 PIZZONIA Jaguar no time

Toyota's first qualifying sesh . . . (from itv1.com)

Cristiano da Matta beat Toyota team-mate Olivier Panis for the first time in Friday qualifying at Sepang.

The Brazilian set the 11th fastest time of the day despite suffering from set-up problems. Da Matta’s performance was made even more impressive by the fact that he had only the one-hour practice session before qualifying with which to acquaint himself with the highly technical circuit.

He said: "The qualifying session today was not too bad for me. It is my first time driving at the Sepang track, so I still have some room for improvement with my driving style here, but it's a track I really enjoy.

"The first qualifying session for me is always a difficult one because I only have the one-hour free practice in the morning to learn the circuit. Today, we got the balance of the car as close as we could, but tomorrow is another day and I am looking forward to it."

Predictably, Panis was less happy.

He said: "It has not been a fantastic day to be honest. We experienced some set-up problems in free practice and in the qualifying, so we have a lot of work to do this evening and in the sessions tomorrow to find the best set-up on the car.

"The main problem today was the grip level, which was not particularly good all day, so we need to improve that for tomorrow. I remain positive though, as I am sure we have some things to play with to find the best solution for second qualifying."

Chief designer Gustav Brunner was not happy with the team’s performance.

He said: "I am a bit disappointed with today. There were set-up problems on both cars, more so on Olivier's than Cristiano's, but we need to get the cars right. We have a little bit of set-up work to do.

"Today we had too much oversteer and too much jumping over the bumps, but we have one-and-a-half hours tomorrow to find a cure for this, so I am still sure we can make a few places up in tomorrow's qualifying and get both cars in the top ten."

1 M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari 1m34.980s

2 BARRICHELLO Ferrari 1m35.681s

3 MONTOYA Williams BMW 1m35.939s

4 RAIKKONEN McLaren Mercedes 1m36.038s

5 COULTHARD McLaren Mercedes 1m36.297s

6 TRULLI Renault 1m36.301s

7 HEIDFELD Sauber Petronas 1m36.407s

8 FRENTZEN Sauber Petronas 1m36.615s

9 BUTTON BAR Honda 1m36.632s

10 ALONSO Renault 1m36.693s

11 DA MATTA Toyota 1m36.706s

12 FISICHELLA Jordan Ford 1m36.759s

13 R.SCHUMACHER Williams BMW 1m36.805s

14 PANIS Toyota 1m36.995s

15 VILLENEUVE BAR Honda 1m37.585s

16 WEBBER Jaguar 1m37.669s

17 FIRMAN Jordan Ford 1m38.240s

18 VERSTAPPEN Minardi Cosworth 1m38.904s

19 WILSON Minardi Cosworth 1m39.354s

20 PIZZONIA Jaguar no time

sucky, bad, poor, dissapointing, crappy, maddening, weak, terrible.... performance... can someone find few other words for it?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links