Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Turbo Vs Calibra Turbo

Markturbo

i have only owned my mr2 turbo couple of months and really raced much but when my car gets sorted i may have a race against calibra turbo just wondered will it be close my car just has apexi air filter hks exhaust got a feeling its only back box and its still limited

do you think i should win easy and on the standard turbo what boost could i turn it up to with out risking breaking it

You should have no problem against a Calibra turbo, Calibras put out around 200 bhp compared to your 225 - 245 (depending on revision) the Calibra also weighs around 200 kilos more so you should win comfortably.

Calibra turbos put out 203 bhp, I've had one.....

And you forgot the most important point...which is

IT'S A VAUXHALL AND WILL PROBABLY FALL APART MID-RACE.

MINE DID

yeah the calibra is 4x4 what would i need to get for my car to turn the boost up safely and what amount of boost can the ct26 turbo handle my car is k reg is that rev 2

Yes it is a rev 2 - also the Calibra will lose some power through the 4 x 4 transmission, but would get a better start in the wet......

well i will have to wait until my car finally gets fixed and then see what happens

lol... I help run a Vaux forum and vaux transfer boxes are far from reliable! Would be nice to put that power down with 4 wheels tho.

lol... I help run a Vaux forum and vaux transfer boxes are far from reliable! Would be nice to put that power down with 4 wheels tho.

Is that Cavweb place still going then ?

I would have thought all their motors would have rotted away by now......is Steves Orange Turbo still in the land of the living ?

I would have thought all their motors would have rotted away by now......is Steves Orange Turbo still in the land of the living ?

Yep.. still going strong.. lots of muppets posting in the CowShed still.

Orange tubby is still going about but have no clue who has it.. it was spotted with 14 inch wheels on!

Yep.. still going strong.. lots of muppets posting in the CowShed still.

Orange tubby is still going about but have no clue who has it.. it was spotted with 14 inch wheels on!

14's !!!

I bet that looks great with the Evo spoiler on ! :D

Around the track I had a great run with Scot a psasenger against a calibra turbo and the rev 1 with hks induction and mongoose was quicker through the corners and even on sstraights so the turbo should have no probs taking the calibra easily...

Hi,

I am a moderator on ClubCalibra (due to past sins).

The 4x4 makes for predictable handling, and quick launches (ie, dump the clutch off the limiter and it goes!). And big bills when the viscous coupling overheats and dies.

A calibra turboi can also be tuned for 300bhp with about £1K spent.

However, reliability is awful, and this is why we are all buying MR2 Turbos!

hehe and the mr2 turbo alot more :P

(RichB @ Jul 2 2004, 06:43 AM)

hehe and the mr2 turbo alot more

...yeah... but not for about £1K!!! Well, I suppose if you didn't do it properly you could! :P :ph34r:

However, reliability is awful, and this is why we are all buying MR2 Turbos!

That is funny .. I know Russ used to be a Calibra owner too ..

a rev3 tubby can hit 307bhp with a unichip and cat back mongoose exhaust, price - under 1k :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links