Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Grabs... ?

Jimlad

Ok.. when I got my car back from toyota on the visual safety check sheet thing they wrote that the clutch grabs.

What does that mean ??

I asked the woman and she said she didn't know and the guy who was working on your car has gone home.

I think it's just because of the new clutch. It's quite harsh.

it just means that he thinks its more an on/off switch than a normal gradual pickup clutch. He probably mentioned it in the safety check cos it could cause an accident

e.g. youre at red lights behind a car in town, youre in first gear and your holding the clutch almost to biting point. A giant wasp who you had previously been unaware of decides that you have a nice left leg (get in there jim!) so it decides to sting your clutch bearing leg. Bang youve hit the car in front and end up with a sore neck aswell as a sore leg

thats just one common example :D

DeusMR2 is right.

How you getting on with your new "grabby" clutch Jimlad?! Are you liking it now? :)

ah... is that all then ??

yeah the clutch is grabby.... getting used to it now tho, but it is alot different to stock. When I first got in the car after getting it fitted I stalled it loads of times... lol. Let a mate have a go for a laugh and he done the exact same... lol.

Even when going through gears it's really grabby. If your flooring it through the gears, you feel it just BANG on if you know what I mean ? quite fun actually.

Aye my bro had the TRD street clutch on his car was well grabby and the "THUD" on gear changes is great. I know whut ye mean :yes:

mate had a R5GTT racing clutch, tried to break your neck changing to 2nd :)

the performance clutches are usually "grabby". I'm sure that mechanic knew it was an aftermarket clutch?

-Z

Aye my bro had the TRD street clutch on his car was well grabby and the "THUD" on gear changes is great. I know whut ye mean :yes:

I took Jappy out in a spin today and he said that my engine mounts won't last long with the amount of abuse at gear changed due to the THUD.

Is this true ??

probably but then you just buy powerflex ones found at mr2oc shop for ,..can't remember but only about £50 each

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links