Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Slow Third Gear?

BLOODUK

For some reason third gear seems to be rather sluggish it doesnt feel as if the car wants to go any faster , first , second , fourth and fith are fine.

hell no mate third gear is where it starts to fly and youre pinned in your seat! Try this, get into third and at around 3000rpms at say 40mph floor it, boost should rise to the + mark and the car WILL wanna go faster, trust me lol

if not then common problems are:

- using standard 95RON petrols, tubby beasts can only run max boost on optimax and bp ultimate reliably, you need to reset your ecu after youve switched to optimax so that it lets you out of "safe mode"

- knackered ignition system, dizzy cap gets eaten away every year or so. Old igntion leads leak and lose conductivity, spark plugs get covered in crap and you risk detonation

I have a feeling that its the first one, better head off to your private runway and check!

Reset the ECU....! :blink: Never heard of this before Does it make much difference ?

b7ler...#7

clutch on way out ?

Thats what i was thinking , any idea on prices on good clutchs?

few hundred quid for perf ones, mr T ones are about a hundred. It's the fitting that's a pain so make sure you know the mechie. Even if they do it for ya they swear NEVER to work on ur car again after that, rofl

-Z

tubby clutchs are more than n/a clutchs £200 stock +vat most aftermarket ones start at £300 +vat and go up to £1200 + vat :eek:

I had the filter cleaned out yesterday its made a remarkable difference

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links