Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have To Remove Air Filter Its Dirty!

BLOODUK

The car has had the blitz style air filter since purchased but its never really been looked at as my mum does not to look at engine bays in cars and because im now the owner of the car i want to know something about the filter.

The filter looks very dirty , and when i put my hand on the front of the filter my fingers become covered in black oily dirt, Basically how much would this affect BHP and is it easy to clean?

The car has had the blitz style air filter since purchased but its never really been looked at as my mum does not to look at engine bays in cars and because im now the owner of the car i want to know something about the filter.

The filter looks very dirty , and when i put my hand on the front of the filter my fingers become covered in black oily dirt, Basically how much would this affect BHP and is it easy to clean?

You can buy special cleaning kits for cone induction filters, the K&N kit is only about 12 quid if memory serves but usually i've been told, just to take it off, give it a tap, hoover it, wsash it, oil it. (presuming you mean direct ind.) and yes, a clogged up dirty filter will reduce performance etc.

Further to earlier mate, just make sure its a washable one first, otherwise just hoover/air blast it.

I'd defo get a better a filter .. have a look at the thread in the stickies ..

Blitz filters are the best! no foam to get sucked in and destroy your valves like HKS, pipercross, ram air etc and for you its great cause you can simply remove it put it in the kitchn sink and wash it with fairy and rinse it off well and it's like brand new :)

Shame the blitz ones don't actually filter .. :)

Shame the blitz ones don't actually filter .. :)

Yep ive heard about that :(

have a read of the "air filter" sticky thread ..

:lol: ..

Take your time, you can reach your goals, I'm living proof ..

BEEFCAKE !!

This is what i have on my list to do for the first part

16 alloys

respray

new clutch

better air filter

total = empty wallet

go for the apexi mate, sounds beautiful! It totally transforms the sound of the car when youre inside the cabin :thumbsup:

go for the apexi mate, sounds beautiful! It totally transforms the sound of the car when youre inside the cabin :thumbsup:

Ill take your advice :)

Filter was removed and cleaned , the spirit was black ahh i can see through it once again ;)

edit : wow its like a new car , nothing wrong with the clutch it was just the filter was so dirty it couldnt breath wooooosh i bet the drivers in this 2.0 bmw wondered what happened :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links