Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New To Mr2s

jazzyjc123

hi all

been a member on here for a while but in celica (got stolen so i brought an mr2).

my mr2 has reverse lights in the original cluster but i fancy the rev6 back lights, do i have to buy the rear panel with the reverse lights in as well or is there a way i can ancorporate my original lights into the rev6 ones,

i have a 1991 uk mr2 2.0gti - did not realise how quick they were i had a celica gtr till it got nicked (gallery pages 40 and 41 i think) it came with full service history anything that needed doing was done by toyota - cam belt 3000 miles aga new clutch last year, new radiator, struts, all A and B services, 112k miles - got it for £1900 is this about right, sill question i know as i happy with it but thought id ask, any other info would be nice bhp etc i have had 140mph from it already just fitted a pipercross in duction kit on it and saving for some alloys its got the standard 14s on at the min - how much speed would i loose if i go up to 17/18s ?

anyway enough lol

jason

Hello mate. Sorry to hear about the Celica... but the silver lining is that you're now an MR2 owner! :D :thumbsup:

MattMR2 is the man to speak to about the Rev6 rear lights... or even Jimlad.

Sounds like you paid the right sort of money for the car... and if it's in really good nick, it sounds like you got a deal. Sounds like all the important bits have been done that would certainly have cost you half way towards that car anyway!

Bigger wheels do have more effect on NA cars than they do on tubbys, but that is purely power related. If you want it to look nice and still go quick (off the mark) don't go bigger than 17's. 16's if you want to be a drag strip hero (or just stick with the 14's!)!

I'm sure someone else will pipe along shortly and give more help. There's loads more to know and ask... but I'm off for now. :ph34r:

Ciao for now.

Hi Jason,

Welcome to MR2 section........ Nice choice for rear lights, they are compatible with the original pannel, as seen here,

led3.jpg

This is a new lamp style we are experimenting with, but they use the same housings.....

If you fit 17s I don't think you'll notice much difference in speed, handelling may not be as great though, I wouldn't go larger that 17s on the front, 18s should be OK on the rear......

Best upgrades for the N/A's are induction kit which you have already, and then an exhaust..... after that it gets complicated and expensive, Mid Motor Steve will explain i'm sure......

Hope this helps,

Matt.

17's on front, 18's on rear - for looks .. any bigger and it looks silly ..

For performance .. the lightest set you can get ..

performance wise filter is best followed by decat, then exhaust.

Then it all gets very expensive, cams, headwork, unichip etc

Interesting as of yesterday its been my mission to learn more about tubbies, air filters are apparantly much more effective on N/A cars oppose tubbies. Best mod for n/a apparently the old filter.

hello and welcome to the land of mr2's! lol :P

im after a pipercross induction kit for mine. :) good choice! :thumbsup: lol

id say go 17's. but thats just me. :ph34r:

I had a pipercross VIPER, my first mod, the only mod that i sent back and demanded a refund for. The foam element fell apart and got sucked into the engine not good.

wow thanks for all the help guys and gals, think ill go for 16s the handling is ok but its a bit twitchy at high speed, so it looks like i can go ahead and order the rear lights - i have seen some with the sleepy eye (hope thats right ) but with twin lights where can i get info on that also best exhaust and can i get twin exit pipes ?

thanks all

jason

cant you get the sleepy eye/headlight conversion from rouge systems, also?

am sure i seen it on there.

as for exhausts, id check out mongoose, is it, and also maybes magnex. :)

Have a look at the "Oh My God Bibbs" & "My car pics of weekend work" thread .. I've got the Rogue Systems low rise kit ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links