Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another Mr2 With A 10" Sub

tony4

quite a pain to build that bugger.... but i'm happy with the results, need to get a decent component speaker to balance it....

It is a wise choice to have the sub on the passanger side....every punch is striaight into your organ....

damn it,,, how to post a pic?

Glad to see people are actually trying to get ICE into their MR2's ..

Hey Tone.. you want me to post that pic of it half built?

if not then send me the pics you wanna upload and i'll sort it mate..

by the way.. the pic of your car alongside your Bro's IS looks the muts nuts!...:thumbsup:

As requested laddo...

mid way through..

P7010059_1.jpg

Tones lovely sxy black Tubby.. and his bro's Lex.. flashy gits.. not even 1 trace of dirt anywhere on the cars!.. :lol::thumbsup:

P7010058_1.jpg

and finally the finished product!... very impressed mate.. must saw a job well done! B)

P7020057_1.jpg

hey....thanks Fizz... that's a big favour....

well, I have to thanks Bibbs for his dimension... :) ... it makes the job alot easier... I will buy you both drinks when we meet next time

hey....thanks Fizz... that's a big favour....

well, I have to thanks Bibbs for his dimension... :) ... it makes the job alot easier... I will buy you both drinks when we meet next time

make mine a non alcoholic strawberry cocktail please!.. :D

argh.... it's annoying....i keep getting the continuous beep sound from the front speaker (amped).... it only happen when i start the engine, it doesn't change pitch when i rev it.... any idea?

argh.... it's annoying....i keep getting the continuous beep sound from the front speaker (amped).... it only happen when i start the engine, it doesn't change pitch when i rev it.... any idea?

your not using the Speakers that are using the car amp are you? i hope you have bypassed the car amp direct from speaker to cd player. The mr2 amps are bad!

If not then i dont know

i have bypassed the toyota amp and using my MTX amp. but still using the stock speaker :P .. can't afford a flashy one for now

i have bypassed the toyota amp and using my MTX amp. but still using the stock speaker :P .. can't afford a flashy one for now

Well im not using any amps for the Speakers wired direct into the cd player , but i am using a self powered 400 watt sub/amp combo. Have you tried wiring the Speakers direct to the cdplayer but the amp to the sub?

oh... i did re-wire all the speaker... took whole day to wire them...it was fine without the amp...

wonder what's the problem

Did you cut the amp remote cable from cd player to car?

:crybaby::help:

http://www.yorksoft.co.uk/mr2/index.asp?se...n%20car%20audio

-----

Toyota MR2 MK2 N/A - high pitch noise through Speakers

I have just wired up a sony cd player in my 1991 uk gt. the problem is whenever i turn the engine on i get a high pitch noise through the Speakers. I have tried earthing it in all sorts of places but still get the alternator whine. If anyone knows anything i could try, it would be much appriciated

Fix / Recommendation 1 submitted by carl - carlmorganpower@yahoo.co.uk on 21/11/2003

It sounds like interferance from the engine. My friend had the same problem on his mondeo and it was the amp he was using

-------------

Toyota MR2 MK2 N/A - high pitch noise

If I try to connect the automatic arial, i get a high pitch noise coming through the Speakers whenever the engine is running. When not connected, there is no problem. Please can you help?

Fix / Recommendation submitted by Mike - on 25/09/2003

The noise will be alternator whine, and it always caused through poor grounding of the head unit and aerial. Do not rely on grounding the headunit through the aerial coax.

In car audio

if youre getting that annoying whine the way to remove it is to connect the speaker grounds to the radio ground

you mean reconnect the speaker back to the headunit?... I was thinking to change a better component... but i need to deal with the whine first

looks good m8!, similar to what ive got :)

all u need now is the same on the driver side ;)

no !Removed! way....having it on the passenger side has made alot of people refused to sit in my car.

just found out, it may cause by the power steering because it changes pitch everytime i turn the steering....

does anyone know's where the power steering computer is?

power steering pump is insde the bonnet up agaisnt the wall. Have you tried grounding your radio with a fresh ground wire to the bare chassis? The stock ground wire isnt that great...

You could try cutting a slight nitch in the earth wire of the cdplayer side, then running a wire from the cdplayer earth wire to the chassis inside the cdbay.

the headunit was ground to the chassic before i put the new amp in... i have also ground the amp to the chassic....

if the power steering computer is near the wall, i may have to route all the wire through the central console(gear box) and not through the door way.... but space is limited...

tough....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links