Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The "power" Button On The Shifter In The '92 Camry

JJ92

I am just wondering what is it for?

I got the car when it was already old. But does this actually improve the car's power when it's newer? Because now and 270,000 miles later, that button really makes no difference

I happen to like that power button...if not for the perceived/psychological benefits anyway. :D

My Camry's got a hitch on it. So back in the days of newness when, for whatever reason, it was being driven around in non-power mode, we used to switch to power when towing box-trailers and such. Gave it a little more oomph, more pull...

Actually, I do still notice a difference on mine. When I get it back from being serviced, it usually gets "magically" switched back to no-power. :blink: I notice less of a kick...like I'm driving a 4-cylinder. Well, maybe not THAT extreme....a 5-cylinder? :P

All that button does is raise the shift point when you've got it floored. At less than full throttle, it's all psychological. But hey, if that helps. ...

Norm

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links