Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Many Of You Have Nearly Spun In The Wet?

BLOODUK

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BLOODUK

• Bibbs

• KiwiMR2

• DeusMR2

not nearly spun it but since i've had mine over the last 2.5 weeks, the only time its twitched was in the wet.. fun tho innit :lol:

my theory is the mid engined car and the pendulum theory!

Not spun it, but she is very twitchy when its wet. so I do tend to drive a tad bit slower. :P

I remember driving my rover , it took like 5mins to pull away on a wet day let alone skidding.

the yaris has such a short wheel base that when you DO lose it in the wet, it is very violent when it 'snaps' back into place - last time i had a scare it took a couple of hundred yards to right my wrong :lol: :D

theyre only dangerous in the wet because theyre so unforgiving! Once it goes it gooooooes and you end up with either a little tailwagging or in the extreme case a buckled chassis!

Up to their grip limit, mr2s are excellent in the wet since they have extra weight over the rear wheels giving extra grip during acceleration as the car tilts back, and during constant speed cornering. Now imagine that same extra weight acting like a big heavy pendulum attached to the back of your car and you can see the danger once you break the grip limit mid corner! :eek:

try and manual soarer TT in the wet.. you really have to show alot of respect.. but then its gets boring having to watch what you are doing all the time.

I spun my NA a few times .. 180's .. 360's ..

the tubby just grips .. touch wood <fnar>

yeah sam its relatively good but wen it disagrees it DISAGREES! had a fair few snaking back ends, but touch wood alls been wel,

yea agreed yaris does like to scare u at times, ive spun out before, going aournd a corner into a car park, skidded off into some bollards :angry: didnt realise that the corners a very dogy area n lots ppl skidded out on it, its tight and not the best surface u can go around it at 10 mph and ur wheels screatch ;)

depends on what speed you tackle the corner/bend/rounabout in the wet, but it's VERY fun in an n/a... Can be unforgiving if you take it too fast, as i've done a 1080 before. All ended well tho as it was late at night and no one around. tho if i'd have done it a minute or so later i'd have had the cops on my a**e!!!

-Z

Can be unforgiving if you take it too fast, as i've done a 1080 before.

Damn you mustve been dizzy after that! :lol: :P

Can be unforgiving if you take it too fast, as i've done a 1080 before.

Damn you mustve been dizzy after that! :lol: :P

maybe the car did 360 , but his head was still spinning?

Does ne1's car here understeer? I got Spax T/A shox and springs kit with Powerflex anti-roll bar bushes. Since I put these boys on, my car understeers quite noticeably now, espc. on roundabouts, approaching them at nefing above like 30 and the front ends starts to slide out slightly, so I end up having to going on slower now. Well, last week i was with my mechanic/ track racer frend, and told him about the sliding front, and he suggested letting the front tyres down slightly, to sort of put a bitmore weight onto the front ina way, then I remembered that I had T/a's on, so I should there fore soften up the front abit more, so when cornering/ turning roundabouts a bit faster, the front of the car would ' dive ' slightly, therefore weighting the front, if you know what I mean, to give extra grip. I have yet to turn down the fronts yet cos the weather is mad at the mo, rain, sun, rain, sun every 5mins constant change. Neway, maybe you guys could try tha simple way first eh, let some air out of the fronts.

always caught it, but do admit i'm a bit worried what it'll be like when i get it back as a turbo

i had my hugo 5 hrs and nearly spun it in the wet, going up to a cruise :wacko: (veilside_mr2 was behind me in his)

never actually spun it though, as all depends on speed, but can feel the back end twitching and sliding a bit.

Never had any understeer, which is surprising as I've got some unknown brand on the fronts - Jupiter. The must be rubbish cos they still seem to have full tread on them and I've had the car over a year (they were on when I bought it).

Had just a couple of 'twitches' in the wet, where the back end went out about 5-10 degrees (with Yokohamas on the back - astounding grip in the dry).

720, the esses at Castle Combe....

think i might have overdone it a bit as it was the warm up lap so cold tyres, wet track....

lol, passenger wasn't thirlled :)

Once I had decent rubber on the rear of my Rev3 - I found it difficult to get the back out. I really had to do something very stupid or be agressive on cornering for it to happen.

I drove Nicola's Rev2 a couple of times and found it suprisingly easy to get the rear end out. Even in the dry. She recently got new rear tyres and now the back keep in track quite well apparently (she doesn't let me drive it anymore now that I don't have my Rev3 :angry::angry::angry: )

It's quite common knowlege the Rev1's were worse for bad handling and the rear stepping out (especially in the wet). Rev2 was a little improved with suspension upgrade and wheel diameter increases. Rev3 had suspension and ride hight overhauled.

The Rev1's gave the MR2 it's bad reputation for rear-end step-out. Especially the tubby's as the point of where boost would kick in was also unpredictable :P

If there is only one thing you ever do to your MR2 - GET DECENT RUBBER ON THE REAR!!! :thumbsup:

If there is only one thing you ever do to your MR2 - GET DECENT RUBBER ON THE REAR!!! :thumbsup:

hear hear! :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links