Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coming to the end of my 1 year warranty

Dave Simkiss

New member, first post.

I'm on a hire purchase with Toyota Lindop Brothers Queensferry. With the option to swap the car out after 3 years, which I plan to do.
RAV4 ESTATE 2.5 VVT-i Hybrid Icon TSS 5dr CVT

So far, no problems (touch wood) the car is running perfectly, I've not noticed any chips or scratches, no warning lights etc
I'm just wondering if there is anything I should have Toyota check now that would still be within my warranty and would potentially save me money further down the line?

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

New Toyotas bought in the UK come with a 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty - not a 1 year warranty. Your 2018 Rav4 should have the remainder of the 5 year new car warranty.

11 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

New Toyotas bought in the UK comes with a 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty - not a 1 year warranty. Your 2018 Rav4 should have the remainder of the 5 year new car warranty.

I'm on a 3 year contract. At the end of that, I can pay the remaining cost of the car, or change it for a new one.
I've been told that paint chips and the like are covered for the 1st year, so I just assumed that after 1 year, I have to start paying for additional work?

So I was just wondering if there was anything I could highlight and get done for free? The kind of stuff they always find the minute you are out of warranty...

Think you need to be clear as regards which product(s) you have.

The Toyota new car warranty comprises three parts:

1.The Toyota new car warranty provides cover against any mechanical defect due to a manufacturing fault for 5 years/100,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

2.The 12 year anti corrosion and perforation warranty protects against rust perforation affecting sheet metal body panels as a result of a manufacturing defect. 

3.The 3 year paintwork and surface rust warranty protects against defects and surface rust as a result of a manufacturing defect.

The warranty does not provide protection against stone chips - which are not manufacturing defects.What you probably have is Toyota SMART Cover - https://www.toyota.co.uk/finance-insurance/smart-cover  - which is an insurance based product, that doesn't come as standard with new Toyotas (being an add-on product one may purchase, unless the dealer includes it foc).

Additionally the warranty doesn't provide cover for wear and tear, general use, etc. Unless you actually have a fault with the car, or the dealer uncovers a fault as part of the service, a warranty claim won't be considered and free repairs won't be applicable.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links