Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Respray Advice

CraigT

As Rev5 'Cosmos Blue' MR2's are very few and far between I have been considering getting my car re-sprayed the official toyota cosmos blue (purple). I have always liked this colour but have only ever seen 1 cosmos blue MR2 ever.

Now I know very little about getting a car re-sprayed so I thought Id ask you lot if there is anything I should know before looking into this any further.

Firstly I asume that the cosmos blue paint is going to be expensive. I dont really want to compomise in this area though with just any old metallic purple colour. What would you say would be the total cost (roughly)?

Secondly, what would be the process for re-spraying my car? Do they sand down the existing paintwork first before re-spraying the car? Whats the proceedure?

Thirdly, Id need it done to perfection, and I MEAN perfection. I want the car to look like it was purple when it rolled out of the factory 9 years ago LOL. How do I go about finding a trustworthy place to do a cracking job on my beloved 2?

Are there any bad downfalls to a re-spray such as a higher chance of rust setting in etc?

Take a look at this pic, its a cosmos blue MR2 which just so happens to have exactly the same alloys as mine as well, so its a good indication of what my car could look like.........

MR2_stanford_2.jpg

You could always sell up and buy a rev5.

Expensive option I know, but so would the respray.

It is a very nice colour though, and I've never seen one yet.

I think a Toyota dealer had one a short while back (approved used cars on the toyota.co.uk site) for £9995 - but that's a bit steep considering I paid less than that for my low mileage rev5 over a year ago from a Toyota dealer.

nice colour but so is white...

all i'd say is it'll cost a LOT to get it good, i.e. take off bumpers etc, all rubber bits spray under etc, else it'll look ok for 6 weeks then a right shed, as edges etc will notice, cheap resparys show big style after a few months.

You get what you pay for which is A LOT of ££££ if you want it perfect! Personally I think yours looks fantastic in super white already!

Hmmm I really dont want the car to start to look flakey after a few weeks, that would be a nightmare. I guess the other good reason NOT to go ahead with it is the fact that the car, as it stands, is immaculate. Maybe it might not be worth jepordising the current good condidion of the car for what could end up being a poor re-spray :unsure:

Didnt Jimlad have his car re-spayed recently or was it just a blowover?

yeha I had it resprayed a little while back now. I've had a few areas touched up here and there since then.

that 2 gives me a hard-on!

Try the big names, House of Kolor, Rage etc, see who they recommend.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links