Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service schedule etc...

Peloquin

Hi all, The Wife has had a call from Toyota saying it's time for her "first big service".

The car is an Aygo, on a 2015 plate and has just over 21k on it.

She bought it in Feb and it had 17k on it then.

My questions are...

What is the service schedule for this car (although she'll probably get a full service this time to be sure) and

There's no reason she HAS to take it to Toyota is there? We tend to use the same garage for everything and never had a problem with anything they've done so she'd rather take it there if possible. It's also over £50 cheaper at the independent.

Thanks folks.

Toyota service intervals for the Aygo are every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Intermediate services are due at the 1st, 3rd, 5th service, and so on. Full services are due at the 2nd, 4th, 6th service and so on.

So, assuming it wasn't serviced when she bought the car, and depending when it was first registered, it may be due the 4th service - which would be a Full service.

Taking it to an independent garage for servicing is your own choice.

However, as it still has some of the five year new car warranty remaining, for any warranty claim that is dependent on correct servicing, the onus will be on you to prove it has been correctly serviced. Once the new car warranty has expired, any goodwill for out-of-warranty repairs may also be refused.

If you have a Toyota extended warranty on the car, it is a condition of the extended warranty that, during the period of the extended warranty, it is serviced by a Toyota dealer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Toyota service intervals for the Aygo are every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Intermediate services are due at the 1st, 3rd, 5th service, and so on. Full services are due at the 2nd, 4th, 6th service and so on.

So, assuming it wasn't serviced when she bought the car, and depending when it was first registered, it may be due the 4th service - which would be a Full service.

Taking it to an independent garage for servicing is your own choice.

However, as it still has some of the five year new car warranty remaining, for any warranty claim that is dependent on correct servicing, the onus will be on you to prove it has been correctly serviced. Once the new car warranty has expired, any goodwill for out-of-warranty repairs may also be refused.

If you have a Toyota extended warranty on the car, it is a condition of the extended warranty that, during the period of the extended warranty, it is serviced by a Toyota dealer.

Brilliant. Very informative answer, thank you.

She's decided to let Toyota service it and it garage do the mot.

8 hours ago, Peloquin said:

Brilliant. Very informative answer, thank you.

She's decided to let Toyota service it and it garage do the mot.

Not too sure for a 2015 Aygo, but earlier Aygo's at 4years/40k miles have the spark plugs replaced and gearbox oil checked. Perhaps that's what the dealer meant by a "big" service. A full service + plugs replaced + gearbox oil checked.

• 3 years later...

It would be my opinion and my opinion only, the servicing your car is not only very easy to do but can save you a lot of money, getting caught up in rules over warranty claims is a mugs game, its another of the great scams we have to contend with in todays world, I have two motorcycles and two cars, I service them all and enjoy doing it, I use quality parts and the best oil, and I know that it will have been done properly, if you aren't sure of how to carry out these services then maybe its about time you did, plenty of information to show step by step instructions on you tube. 

2 hours ago, spacefrog said:

It would be my opinion and my opinion only, the servicing your car is not only very easy to do but can save you a lot of money, getting caught up in rules over warranty claims is a mugs game, its another of the great scams we have to contend with in todays world, I have two motorcycles and two cars, I service them all and enjoy doing it, I use quality parts and the best oil, and I know that it will have been done properly, if you aren't sure of how to carry out these services then maybe its about time you did, plenty of information to show step by step instructions on you tube. 

I agree with you in the most part and used to service all my cars, in fact I have built a few kit cars in the past.  Trouble is as the years go by it becomes more and more difficult to do your own servicing, getting underneath as car has its problems but nothing compared with the difficulties in getting up again.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Aside from the above not everyone has the time, inclination, facilities, etc to do their own servicing.

As always it comes down to personal choice and some may say diy servicing is also a mug's game ....

• Like 2

I don't know much about servicing modern cars,if I was younger,yes I would take the time to learn.

I could probably still do oil and filter changes, air filters, Battery changes etc, knowledge wise.

But not physically, even if I had ramps, never mind getting under a car on the drive,as Hornet says getting up again is not so easy,if indeed possible.

Even checking tyre pressures is so difficult now, due to the difficulty of getting up again.

So yes I agree with the idea of doing services myself, but when not fit or strong enough to do it there is no choice.

• Like 4

Servicing these days is mostly checking the car for potential issues (Or at least it's supposed to be); Most people who 'service' the car DIY just change the oil and filter, air filter and maybe spark plugs etc., but there is more to it than that - Checking bushes, gaiters, play, levels, leaks, rust etc..

Of course whether the garage actually does all those checks when they do a service is another thing...! But that's one nice thing about the Relax warranty, because if an issue comes up that should have been caught during a previous service they don't really have a way out of it.

• Like 2

I used to do servicing myself before, several years ago.
Stopped doing that completely and no intention to go back to it. I prefer to pay the extra money, grab a coffee at the dealer's, have it done by them and get the free warranty and assistance cover extended with one more year.
Unless their normal small services would go over 200 euro, I am not even thinking about doing things myself or having them done at a cheaper place.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links