Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

20 Valve Head On 4afe 16v Bottom End?

MSC_Kev

Hi all.

I'm in the process of tuning my 97 si with the 4afe engine (1.6 16v)

I have been talking a friend who owns a Carina and a reasonable knowledge on the engine, we have been talking about using the 20valve head on the 4afe bottom end.

Has anyone tried this or know anything about it? So far I have my exhaust system fitted with larger bore and now de-cat'd and 4-2-1 manifold. K&N filter which will be changed shortly for another with heat shielding. When the car goes in for the bodykit I wll be having a small vent / scoop over the filter.

It's going into the rolling road for the dastek to be fitted and mapped, now I have been talking to piper cross and kent for some high lift cams and these can be done for around £300-£400. But if I can make the 20valve head fit I'll get the cams done from that instead.

I hope with all the mods to be pushing around 150bhp which will do me fine :)

Kev

I hope with all the mods to be pushing around 150bhp which will do me fine :)

No it won't. The more you've got - the more you want - trust me on this :P

As for fiting the 20 valve head - yes it can be done on the 4a-ge (with a lot of work) not sure about the 4a-fe though. Take a look here you might find some more info.

Well lol probably but I have to think about insurance and although Performance direct are modification friendly, everything costs.

thanks for the link :)

Kev

as far as i know...it will fit another 4ag bottom end but it would take a lot of work to mate it to a 4afe bottom..plus you the engine manement to tink about..as the 4afe ecu wont run the VVTI and the 20v ecu might not run right with the 4afe bottom end.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links