Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota PCP Agreement - Issues with monthlies

Chrisjm29

All, I am looking for some advice with regards to some issues that my other half is having with her finance agreement. 

She recently purchased a Toyota Yaris (10 days ago), brand new from a dealer. The terms of the agreement were agreed via Carwow for a monthly figure of approx £190 P/M - this discussion included the full specification of the car and included a negative equity figure of £1k on her part exchange. All was agreed in writing on the site. She was happy with the proposed terms and on that basis agreed to purchase the car, she therefore phoned up and placed a holding deposit.

On the collection day, all the normal signing of finance documents etc. She was not notified of any changes to the initially agreed figures, she was rushed through the signing of the finance documents and asked to simply click in 2 locations via an interactive system to provide an E-signature. In hindsight she should've spent more time reading through the terms, however the SA simply said just to click continue as it was exactly as the discussed terms. Therefore she purcahsed the vehicle on the assumption she was paying the intially agreed figure of £190P/M.

Fastforward a few days and the formal agreement letter from Toyota FS arrives indicating the monthlies are approx £30 p/m higher. Contact was made immediately to the dealer who latter confirmed the difference is due to the negative equity, who admitted fault that the initial figures somehow didn't include this, even though we directly queried whether the figure was inclusive.

She was wrongly sold the car with regards to discussed figures, however i do realise that ultimately she signed a formal contract that included the higher figure. 

So my question is, what leg do we have to stand on and what avenues would you explore? 

Is it an issue the dealer can solve? Or would it need to be a complaint to Toyota FS?

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

The dealer has admitted there was an error, presumably on their part, on the finance agreement. Cannot see that a complaint to Toyota Finance is needed - your other half should have checked what she signed before signing.

However, I think you need to look at the withdrawal clause (usually 14 days from signing the agreement) on the finance document, and discuss options with both the dealer principal (in light of the dealer admitting there was an error on their part) and Toyota Finance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links