Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 Rav 4 warning sound

pany

Anybody else find there new RAV4 loves to make warning sounds? It’s driving me crazy. 

Worst of all, 90% of the time it’s the same sound, no matter the error. That’s okay when it’s door open, or boot won’t open, but I get beeps when driving and no warning messages or lights (or speed cameras). 

With all the tech, you’d think it possible to have different sounds for different classes of error. 

Yes it is pointless and nothing but a distraction as you scan the instruments to try and locate a message. Why not have a spoken warning instead of a beep?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, roadster-rav said:

...Why not have a spoken warning instead of a beep?

Oooh!  Echoes of the 1980s MG Maestro - the one that was famously and widely reported when one skidded off a road into a ditch, and once settled at about 45° said "Your fuel is low!" 😁

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, pany said:

Anybody else find there new RAV4 loves to make warning sounds? It’s driving me crazy...

The two main ones (for me, at least) are:

1. when the Adaptive Cruise Control is either helping to centre in lane (it recognises the lane edge lines) or is following the car in front (dotted line to the front car in the display) (I think this one is 3 shortbeeps, and is heard quite a lot) and it loses sight of either (in other words is letting you know it's stopping helping to steer)

2. when the ACC set speed is more than about 2 mph below the actual speed (4 slightly longer beeps), usually on hills, occasionally if the driver had accelerated above the set speed and released the accelerator

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links