Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Inssurance In England

Sergio

Hi, as you probably know i am from Iceland, and i readed few post saying that like changing something on car gets effect on inssurance...why?...here in iceland i pay for a year inssurance..and i do whatever i want to the car as long it will go trough check thing if everything is ok..after that..i just put everything back that is kindly illigal (neons things underbody etc.) but i see you got all difrient system than we got.....how come? also i readed somewhere that if you got like claims or crashes..you will have problems whit inssurance companys.....we dont have probablems like these hér..you will just have to pay full inssurance unital you earn bonus if you crash (if is your mistake).

sounds like a better deal than we get here.

Your insurance is loosley based around your car, its spec, it's desirableness (sp ?) and your driving experience (years)

If you 'mod' your car then it is either more desirable and or higher spec so therefore your insurance goes up....

Insurance in England is a Rip Off. I have just been quoted £1100 for my insurance. Im 28, had a full UK license for 10 years and have 7 years no claims. I will not be taking out that insurance policy.

My car is a Corolla TSport with the only mod being Alloy's!!!

Insurance in England is a Rip Off. I have just been quoted £1100 for my insurance. Im 28, had a full UK license for 10 years and have 7 years no claims. I will not be taking out that insurance policy.

My car is a Corolla TSport with the only mod being Alloy's!!!

What insurance group is the Tsport?

My GTI is 14 I think. I pay £334 a year for mine with the mods. I've been driving for 8yrs and have 5yrs protected no claims. Would probably be nearer £200 without the mods!

My GTI is 14 I think. I pay £334 a year for mine with the mods. I've been driving for 8yrs and have 5yrs protected no claims. Would probably be nearer £200 without the mods!

T-Sport is also 14.

I've been driving 6 years with 5 years ncd I pay just under £600 on T-Sport with no mods. Not bad I suppose, but insurance is still a rip off. What mods have you had on your GTi? Do you find it difficult to get insurance with some companies with you having mods.

:)

T-Sport is also 14.

I've been driving 6 years with 5 years ncd I pay just under £600 on T-Sport with no mods. Not bad I suppose, but insurance is still a rip off. What mods have you had on your GTi? Do you find it difficult to get insurance with some companies with you having mods.

:)

As per my signature:

COROLLA GTI 16V AE92 4A-GE

15" multispokes, JR Induction kit, Ecotek CB-26P valve, SPAX springs, 3.5" Powerflow s/s system, clear rear clusters

Not difficult to get ins as I haven't got that many of em.

I did mine through Adrian Flux. You get a discount is you're a TOC member!! :thumbsup:

Your insurance is loosley based around your car, its spec, it's desirableness (sp ?) and your driving experience (years)

If you 'mod' your car then it is either more desirable and or higher spec so therefore your insurance goes up....

yea insurance goes after stock specs of car (engine, weight) and a age of you

i got the car signed on my mom so i pay around 500 dollars (u.s.) on year

p.s. any mods dont take effect on inssurance

yea insurance goes after stock specs of car (engine, weight) and a age of you

i got the car signed on my mom so i pay around 500 dollars (u.s.) on year

p.s. any mods dont take effect on inssurance

That's probably why you get laods of mantally modded cars in the states!!! It doesn't cost any more to insure!

I did mine through Adrian Flux. You get a discount is you're a TOC member!! :thumbsup:

:unsure: This is gonna sound like a dumass ?, but how do you become a TOC member? :rolleyes:

Thanks

:unsure: This is gonna sound like a dumass ?, but how do you become a TOC member? :rolleyes:

Thanks

You've already singed up mate! You're a member.

You can however, become a Gold Member and you'll get into the Gold forum and get lots of discounts on toyota parts etc.

I think it costs £25 a year unless it's gone up in price now. You'll save that money on your first couple of purchases for your car though!

I was a Gold member under a different user name but not now though. When your insurance is due phone Adrian Flux and tell them you're a TOC member after they give you the initial quote, and see the difference. It's about a 10% discount. See the dropdown bars above for details!!! :thumbsup:

This will make you laugh i pay 1400 on a 1.3 starlet t.p.f.t.

I aint laughing :crybaby:

***** me sideways that's alot of dollar! :eek:

I take it that it's not even a Turbo!

Who's that with? Whoever it is should go to prison for robbery!!

Any mods on the car?

Any no claims discount?

Any points?

Post code is taken into cosideration though. Is Bradford pretty bad for car crime? I live in the sticks and my car is garaged at night and has a cat 1 immobiliser which helps drop the premiums!

Damn :eek: . That's not funny at all.

Insurance is such a rip off. When I first starting driving I had to be insured with my Ma as policy holder even on a 1L Micra 'cos I just couldn't afford the premium. :ffs:

Who you insured with? I'll remember not to try them next year.

You've already singed up mate! You're a member.

You can however, become a Gold Member and you'll get into the Gold forum and get lots of discounts on toyota parts etc.

I think it costs £25 a year unless it's gone up in price now. You'll save that money on your first couple of purchases for your car though!

I was a Gold member under a different user name but not now though. When your insurance is due phone Adrian Flux and tell them you're a TOC member after they give you the initial quote, and see the difference. It's about a 10% discount. See the dropdown bars above for details!!! :thumbsup:

:lol: Doh. I didn't think it was so easy, I was sure there was more to it than that.

Nice one, I'll check 'em out and maybe get modding right away. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links