Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boost Gauge Problem

KiwiMR2

I have a Greddy peak & hold electronic boost gauge.....it seems to be reading TOO HIGH....usually sits just below the 500 in vacum and low boost is set to 1 kg/cm & high to about 1.3 kg/cm, and that was fine...now because it's reading high 1.5 kg/cm keeps showing on the memory when I check it. Would a leak in one of the tubes cause this??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

A leak would have to opposite effect I'd have thought .. reading too low.

Will have to have a think about that ..

Is the car boosting too high as well, or is it just the reading that is faulty? Might be a dodgy earth somewhere, or if the car is definitly boosting too high a rusty wastegate?

Is the car boosting too high as well, or is it just the reading that is faulty? Might be a dodgy earth somewhere, or if the car is definitly boosting too high a rusty wastegate?

Nope still boosting normal (except when I fiddle with the BC) but yeah......has boosted consistantly since I got it...just reading to high now.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

are you able to adjust your boost settings? i think u had the same problem as me. i just capped off the actuator and t-vsv. then after that it worked fine.

are you able to adjust your boost settings? i think u had the same problem as me. i just capped off the actuator and t-vsv. then after that it worked fine.

I have a Profec B 2 stage boost controller, 14 psi low and around 18 psi high....t-vsv is disabled as it was causing the boost to peak to what I set it at and drop down to the lowest possible setting. Car is BOOSTING fine & as it always has, just the gauge is reading to high in both idle and driveing:(

Cheers

KiwiMR2

When the engine is not on .. does it read 0?

When the engine is not on .. does it read 0?

when the car is off it sits at the very bottom as per usual.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

when you say low and high boost, how does that work?

I have an EBC...little box that sits wherever I want it in the cabin, glows like a rainbow at night :P Anyway it has 3 dials, 1st one adjust the way the car comes on boost; Sharp or mild..basicly the boost delivery, the 2nd dial is a low setting which at present I have wound all the way to max.....when that is on I get about 14psi of boost, and the 2nd dial which is the high one (which is far from on max) is set to about 18 psi, I just press a small button on the front of the box to switch between the 2 settings :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links