Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Crashed!

KiwiMR2

Nope not me :P

One of the Toyota boys here in NZ at the last trackday:

mr2bad1.jpg

mr2bad2.jpg

And the text to go with it..............

Looking at that pics the damage doesn't look too bad but its pricing up to be rather costly. Hopefully this proves a wakeup call to those like me who intend to push their road cars hard on the track!

Then again, I walked away from the accident so thats the important thing!

How it happened?

Most likely too late turning into the end of the straight. The first sign of problems were mild understeer resulting in the car ending up on the judder strip on the outside of the corner. The judder strip upset the car and I tried to straighten the car back onto the track but unfortunetly this was too fast provoking large oversteer - car swung around onto opposite side of the track and clipped the wall, front then rear side. Before hitting the rumbles on this lap the car with new suspension was preforming exceptionally - I'm therefore keen to stick by the MR layout in the future.

With that said, valuable lessons have been learned here and overall its a pretty disturbing experience to have happen to you!

Damage?

Front chassis rails are bent and the whole front is shifted, rear subframe is bent and I'm suspect the rear strut tower has been moved. Rear suspension on the drivers side is nackered.

What now?

The repair bills are looking quite considerable so I'm looking to part the car out. With this in mind I'm currently on the lookout for a late model [Pref 96+] NA MR2 that will become my basis for my new swap.

Shame to see a nice 97 Type iv wasted....he had some nice mods too!!

Performance Mods:

Blitz clutch kit - pressure plate, clutch, lightened chromoly flywheel. Ohlins adjustable shocks.

TRD springs. Cusco Front Strutbrace. Blitz K1 Turbo. Spearco Hyrid Intercooler. HKS BOV. Apexi PowerFC ECU. Aquamist Water Injection. Apexi Pod Filter. Blitz DSBC Boost Controller and Blitz Dual TT. 'GT4Mike' Downpipe. Misc 3" Exhaust.

Top of the line alarm and cellular paging system.

Waiting to install PFC and Aquamist in this car, then needs another tune.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Looking at that pics the damage doesn't look too bad ....

Possible UNDERSTATEMENT of the month............ :lol:

ouch !!!!

I'll have his wheels..... :)

strange.... i was thinking the same thing :ph34r:

ouch !!!!

I'll have his wheels.....  :)

strange.... i was thinking the same thing :ph34r:

really strange.......

so was i <_<

I tried to straighten the car back onto the track

There's your problem!

ouch !!!!

I'll have his wheels..... :)  

And i'll have his rear centre panel :P

I thought they only did that colour for the anniversary edition...... at 97 shouldn't it have a black roof???

Shame about the accident, looked like a nice example....... am loving the wheels, look like rays.

I thought they only did that colour for the anniversary edition...... at 97 shouldn't it have a black roof???

Shame about the accident, looked like a nice example....... am loving the wheels, look like rays.

Tis a popular misconception that Aniversary models have a black roof...

10thAniversary.jpg

It did have a black roof....he got it re-sprayed :)

Indeed they are...good spotting ;)

Those wanting those parts.....you want me to ask as he is selling all the bits ;)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I'll have the TRD springs and clutch pleeeeeeeeeasssssssssseeee! :thumbsup: :D

...and maybe strut brace!... oh and the turbo.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links