Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie Here!

dawolf

Hi all, this is my first post. I've put a deposit on an MR2 and hope to pick it up on Saturday. The car is a black GT Coupe import, K reg 1993, 58k miles, standard except for 17" Khan wheels and 5" Jap stainless exhaust. Paying £3600 for it with a 6mth warranty. Can't wait to get it!

Looking forward to posting on the forum.

welcome

sounds similar to mine i got a few weeks ago.. :thumbsup:

the best feelin driving away for the first time after handing over the cash in the 2! :drool:

Cheers guys, after reading some posts I'm just a little concerned about costs of tyres and the 'slippery' back end :blink:

welcome. Just remember NOT to press the loud pedal too hard when coming out of corners and you'll be fine

Tyres aint cheap .. but neither is towing your car out of a hedge ..

and drive sensible, it's a car with massive limits and great driving experiance, but cross 'em and you have to be a good driver to react in time ..

on a k plate your rev2 so revised suspension, thats what i have and its well behaved. Only thing is don't drive it like any other cars as it is different, unless your used to ferrari's, lambos, nsx's etc.

don't go into bends to fast with the thought you can slow down when your there and you'll be ok, oh and don't accelerate round them. For unknown roads treat with caution.

Key is to enter bends at the right speed (you'll get afeel for them) the keep the car at the same speed and when your straightening up accererate gently. This may sound no good, but you'll find when your used too it you'll go into bends 20mph faster then 90% of other cars :) and exit with the same speed. :thumbsup:

hellooo and welcome. :)

good choice of car.. as already pointed out. :P

youll love it! :D

Thanks all. Can anyone tell me how much bhp my car will have? As I said it's a K reg 1993 import, 2 litre non-turbo.

Have a look in the sticky threads about revisions .. all the details are in there ..

Welcome. :D

Yeah rev 2 is 158bhp.

Hope you enjoy your car, dont worry about flippin, just be careful in the wet, but we all should do that anyway so there u go!! ;)

Picked my motor up tonight, I really love the look of it and the way it drives. Just a couple of slight problems. Firstly, gearbox clunks when changing into 3rd gear (garage said I can take it back if it continues). Secondly, the CD player and clock don't seem to work for some reason. Still, I'm a happy chappy!

there is a fuse for the clock.. in the foot well I think.

Post pics of your car soon chap!

yep that fuse is also in the footwell, its 15Amps i think. Have a look at the fuse box cover when u take it off

My fuse box is located under the front bonnet on the right hand side. Got the clock and internal lights working but still can't tell which fuse is for the CD player, it doesn't seem to be indicated on the box.

Cheers guys, after reading some posts I'm just a little concerned about costs of tyres and the 'slippery' back end :blink:

All you gotta remeber is DON'T go hard too soon!! take some time to get used to the way it handles and as you get more confident you will be able to handle it when you start to find it's limits :)

Firstly, gearbox clunks when changing into 3rd gear (garage said I can take it back if it continues)

Syncros....COMMON as in MR2's....especially the turbo ones. Mine does is into 5th :) Whatever you do make sure it is sorted BEFORE your warranty runs out......you might have some trouble getting it sorted....a change of gerabox oil to some REALLY good stuff will mask it for some time but the only real way to fix it is to get the syncro's replaced....i.e. gearbox rebuild, something I can't see them wanting to rush into.

Anyway....enjoy the new car :P

Cheers

KiwiMR2

My fuse box is located under the front bonnet on the right hand side. Got the clock and internal lights working but still can't tell which fuse is for the CD player, it doesn't seem to be indicated on the box.

MR2's have 3 useboxes, one udner the bonnet as youve seen, one in the engine bay and one in the driver-side footwell, just about the plastic kickpanel on the right. Most likely you'll have to get out of the car, and look up into this area from outside the car. (You'll see what I mean when you find it!) The Radio/CD fuse is in there.

This link may help you

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/modules.php?name=Kn...&op=show&kid=39

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links