Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Ss3

toyatss3

ive just imported a 1996 ss3,absolutely beautifull car but i dont know much about it yet, it has apparently got a 3-s engine with 199 bhp with jap fuel,will i have to change anything for it to run on our stinkin low octane stuff, is there a way to advance or !Removed! the ignition timing or is that controlled by the ecu? ive been told that if i disconnect the Battery and drain the memory within the ecu which takes around 3 days then connect up again once ive filled up the tank with our fuel the ecu will automatically adjust the timing to suit! personally i find this hard to believe but does anybody know otherwise? where can i get a new clutch and does anybody know where i can get an operators manuel thats not in jap lingo, any help will be much appreciated cheerz

Your car has around 200bhp, run it on Shell optimax (98ron fuel) and it will run at full power. If you run it on normal 95ron unleaded it will still be ok but you'll find that it will be running lower power (probably 190bhp)

You shouldnt ever have to reset the ecu unless you start modifying the car, to do it you need to open the black fuse box underneath the bonnet on the right side of the engine.

On the underside of the lid is instructions on which fuse is the EFI and ECU.

Remove both, leave it for 60secs and then put them back. Initially the car may rev high but after a few mins it will return to normal.

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links