Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wow I Love Mr2's

George16v

WEll met up with Deusmr2 earlier and he took me for a blast in his car, lovely example of an mr2. would be just what I was looking for.

Funnily stopped at some lights next to a renault sport clio (lol) and it just out accelerated us, but had to brake for the corner as we kept on accelerating past it.

Did have second thoughts though about selling mine (for about 2 seconds) and then I drove deus's MR2 and felt how direct the steering is and the acceleration was lovely with the kick of the turbo!

Then took him for a ride in my car - will let him tell you about that - think he was impressed!

Anyway remember me guys when I have the best MR2 muhaha!! on the site. lol.

Actually doubt it at this rate, had no calls about my car in the 2 weeks its been up for sale :(

Different cars fella .. I'm sure there are a few 2's that'd whoop you Clio :)

The MR2 is a junior sports car .. the Clio is a hot hatch ..

ello mate, was nice to meet up with ya eventually! lol. I was very impressed with your Clio i must say, up to the point where the turbo kicks in I think the higher compression in your NA motors give you the edge. The best way to give the turbos even more low down kick is an aftermarket exhaust and a decat is what I'm told.. the stock system is very very restrictive! (Japanese and their emmision laws!) and in fact the NA MR2s have more torque low down that the turbos

In a very very vague way i like to think that power wise, going from your clio to an mr2 can be likened to going from an mr2 to a supra - in that the next step up is no doubt heavier but then again there is much more power to be harnessed..

Good luck with selling you car mate, I could tell that you were very sad to see it go! Hopefully I'll never ever have to sell mine!

n/a's do have very good throttle response, supprised the clio looked to be out accelerating the tubby tho. I'll be gutted if i find that happens, shouldn't tho as car will run 15 psi from day one.

gutted if i find that happens, shouldn't tho as car will run 15 psi from day one

shouldnt have a problem there mate if Fizz's is owt to go by....left me for dead on the M62 and i thought mine shifted. :eek:

Correct me if im wrong here but shouldnt a standard MR2 turbo - 220bhp whip a clio sport - 180bhp. Afterall there a lighter car with more power!!! :yes:

MR2s (Mk2s) are heavy!! See one of the stickys on the top. Also I couldnt full boost last night,the needle only went up to a few lines below the top line probs due to some crappy petrol i put in 2 days ago, think i may have to reset the ecu again. Cant wait to set mines to 15psi either!

I can't wait to get one!

I think that I shall get the boost increased but am unsure as to what has to be done, Can I just get a garage to up the boost without a bost controller etc.

And If i just get an ECU would that make a massive difference.

Although think I will do both.

could be the best renault in the world.. its still french hehehe

good luck with finding a 2... :)

Might want to get your car looked at DeusMR2! ;) :P :D

lol i could make up laods of excuses but i think its gone too far now lol...trip to the track day in order me thinks :D

Can't wait to get rid of the FRENCH car either guys.

Golf is not really a comparison though as 0-60 is 9 seconds on the quickest turbo standard!

9 seconds??? whats about your mates golf? if its 9 seconds then it might aswell be an electric fan rather than a turbo lol

Yeah he was telling me yesterday that it is 9 secs, he thought it was 8 But then he got the stats and it said 9 - Madness eh May be the fact that he has 19's on it though!!

Have reduced the price of my car now, so just have to wait and see.

No. not too keen on doing it there, Costs £106 too.

Am thinking of keeping my stereo to put into the MR2 when I get it, Just wondering what the size of the Speakers is in the door?

MKII - 91-92

Speakers

- Dash - None

- Doors - 5 1/4" woofers, 3/4" tweeters

- Rear Side Panels - 2" ; Picture http://www.texas2s.com/temp/toyotarearspker.jpg

- Rear Stowage Compartment - one 5 1/4" sub

Alternate sizes/locations

- Doors will accept most 6 1/2" speakers

- Rear Side Panels will accept up to a 4" speaker

Installation Info

- Metra Harness P/N

- Scosche Install Kit P/N

Misc Info

- Preminum system amps located in drivers side rear panel under speakers, one amp for HU and one for sub

Picture of Amps http://www.texas2s.com/MR2Audio/Stock_Amp/IMAG0000.JPG

MKII - 93+

Speakers

- Dash - None

- Doors - 5 1/4" woofers, 3/4" tweeters

- Rear Side Panels - 3 1/2"

- Rear Stowage Compartment - two 5 1/4" subs

Alternate sizes/locations

- Doors will accept most 6 1/2" speakers

- Rear Side Panels will accept up to a 4" speaker

Installation Info

- Metra Harness P/N

- Scosche Install Kit P/N

Misc Info

- Preminum system has 3 amps, 2 located in drivers side rear panel under speakers, one amp for HU and one for sub and one sub in the passenger side rear panel

You can actually fit 6 1/2" in the door so im told

looks in pretty good condition, Ive dealt with checkpoint windsor and theyre decent people too. Theyll go out of their way to help you etc.

excelent well have emailed them so shall see what happens! hehe

Would someone be able to come and look at this car with me tomorrow evening or another evening this week.

Or is this company pretty trust worthy?

The Rev3 looks pretty mint .. shame I'm on a shift that means I'n not home till 19:00 or I'd come out and look for ya .. I'm free the weekend of the 24th ?

the Speakers are 6.5 inches, but you'll need MDF spacers to keep the magnets off the window mechanism ..

ok cool, will try and sought out removing my 5.25inch ones then then just a straight swop (i presume)

Kind offer matey - but I think it will be gone by the 24th - Judging on the quality of the car and the turn over of the company which is quite quick apparently

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links