Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Unichip Problem

veilside_mr2

after weeks of trying to decide on what ecu to get to control my larger injectors, i decided on the unichip, as it seemed like great value for money.

But now ive got people telling me that it cant control larger injectors :(

Is this true? I`m back to square one again now :(

are u sure mate? i dont mean to "diss" you or nething, but ive had quite a few ppl on imoc who seem to know what they r talkin about who insist it wont be able to control the injectors because of the duty cycle or somethin, i dunno it was all technical.lol

I pray to god that it will control them ok, because i simply cant afford a motec of anythin similar :(

mate i dont think a unichip could control 880cc injectors, think it could get away with 440 if mapped right..will you really need 880??

adam ive added u to my messenger list m8.

Im not sure if I will need 880cc, ive been told I will need larger injectors,...eventually, as i`ll b getting forgies and metal head gasket eventually and goin up to 1.5/1.6 bar (hopefully) so i though i`d may as well get the injectors and fuel rail now.

I`m startin to regret the whole thing to be honest, should have just stuck to styling and ICE :(

speak to dastek about the unichip,they should sort you with an answer

yeah ive emailed the company who quoted me the price for fitting the unichip and setting it up WITH the new injectors, they r supposedly unichip "experts" so I would have thought they`d tell me if the unichip wont even map the injectors.

guess i`ll find out on monday.

ive had a rethink about what I actually want from my car, performance wise, and ive decided to do the following because of the ecu & engine internals cost & problems.

I`ve decided to keep the stock injectors, and fit the walbro fuel pump, then use an s-afc to sort the fuelling out. I`m still going to fit the gt28rs turbo and greddy intercooler, as well as the throttle body inlet.

So hopefully now i`ll run her at 10 psi low boost and i`ll try 17-18psi on high boost, and hopefully this should be enough power to keep me satisfied for now usin the new turbo. Then I can start savin for a good ECU and engine internals.

Does this all sound ok??, is there any problems with this??

I've asked the Dastek boys before about this.

They said if I got bigger turbo, larger injectors etc etc it would be able to handle it all easily.

thats weird then,why would ppl insist it wont work?

well neways i`ll b wanting a full ecu replacement eventually neways, so i`d be better of saving for that and just makin do with the s-afc for now.

So hopefully now i`ll run her at 10 psi low boost and i`ll try 17-18psi on high boost

Does this all sound ok??, is there any problems with this??

You won't need to run it that high with the new turbo.....it will produce more power than the CT at lower boost. I still think the 440's won't handle that turbo etc :(

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I`ve been offered the fuel rail and injectors off a rev 3?..would that be better?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links