Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stutter Stutter Chug Chug ?

remark

Guys,

Was on the M20 today in the fast lane chasing a Jag S-type (he'd been giving it so i pulled over let him pass and then a taste of his own medicine ;)) up a inclined 2 mile stretch and was upto about 130 and boosting hard and suddenly the cark jerked and spluttered a few times (like a smokers cough) now i know it wasn't fuel cut cos i've felt this and it's like hitting a wall + u can't boost after until u turn off. It only happened for like 3-5 seconds and i pulled into the middle lane and dropped off a bit (damn Jag driver bet he was laughing!) to about 90 and then it seemed fine got back on the boost and upto 110 (was taking it easy cos he'd GONE - doin like 145/50 i reckon)

Ideas please...felt like something to do with fuel tho...injectors need cleaning ??

Adam

not silly speeds depending on road conditions and traffic

Hmmm.. yeah... a blow out at 150mph would not be silly situation to be in.

wasn't a limiter...i was doin 130-135....i'm startin to think it may have been my sparks cos they're just standar ngk platinum and i was boostin very hard...could be i need some iridiums...i have a new distributer cap and arm and magnacor leads....

130 is not silly speed, tis quick but it wasn't that busy and i like to open her up every now and then....+ u say speeding is bad, lol how many of u drive at 70 on the motorway :P

Lol anyway apart from the lectures can anyone let me know what the problem could have been...I had been driving for about 1 hour already 100+ all the way so im thinkin the engin must have been very warm thus my idea about getting colder sparkies.

Defo the limiter .. 130 on the clock will be about 112mph ..

bibbs dude i was doin 130mph my dials are in mph 130-135 so it wasn't the boost cut

Checked your fuel filter to make sure it's not blocked etc??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

remark... most speedos are out by miles when you are going over 90mph.. you think you are going that fast but you aint!

yeah the clock tends to over read (by alot!). I suppose its some kind of consolation if you ever get caught ;)

It's why I have an RSM wired in too .. over 70 the speeds start differing greatly ..

I checked the limiter on my G-LTD against a GPS unit and it hit dead on 112 MPH but the speedo was reading over 130 MPH. Even at 40 it was out. To do a real 40 (GPS) I need to do 44.

Cheers lads. Not bein funny but I do alot of motorway driving in many different cars and i drive quite quick anyway. I know what 100mph feels like and what 110ish feels like 130 is a different kettle of fish. trust me when i was chasing this Jag we were hammering it cars were literally wizzing by in the middle lane and peeps in the fast lane were moving out the way pretty rapidly. It felt fast (faster than 112mph certainly).

You can guage it pretty well when someones doin 70-80ish.

70 in my MR2 feels way faster than 70 in the Astra I hired.. its coz your a$$ is dragging on the floor!

130mph?

Bet that impressed everyone :rolleyes:

If it wasnt the limiter then maybe it was because you were ragging your rev 1 senseless?

yeah the clock tends to over read (by alot!). I suppose its some kind of consolation if you ever get caught ;)

So that explains why the clock in my mates Renault 19 16v was reading 145mph!!! lol

an I got my mums four gear 1.3 astra up to 117 mph! (when I was 18)

.... and I was in it also... lol

Lol snakeater you did make me chuckle :) yes probably was the fact i was ragging the sh*t outa my rev1...Lol an iu don't care what anyone else thought, cept that Jag driver who probably was quite gutted i kept with him. ;)

Oh well im getting a boost controller soon so while im at it im gonna buy one of thos blitz powermeter thingies to measure the speed and see how much the speedo is out.

Ta anyhow.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links