Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Modding Wheel Arches?

Yarisboy

Hi I know this really should go in the 'wheels' forum but no one ever answers in there :(

Basically my problem is i've found a rather nice set of alloy wheels that would be perfect for my yaris (look a little like MissT's)

Problem is the guy says they will fit a yaris, 15" with 185/55/15 tyre, PCD of 4-100 and offset is fine, but I will need to mod my arches to get the wheels on?? :blink:

This doesn't sound right as i'm sure I read somewhere on here that people have fitted 16's to their Yaris without a problem, any help would be appreciated as I have to make a pretty sharp decisison on whether to buy them or not :o

Thanks

Sam

I was told by the chap who sold me my car that 17s fit straight on and have seen modded yarises with 17s on so i would think that 16s should be ok.

Hey, Miss T's wheels are 16s, I have her old 15s which came off a Yaris SR orignally, they are 195/50/15s so i'd have thought the ones you mention would be fine for you.

I don't have a Yaris though so don't quote me!!!

:)

yeah that's what im thinking! im sure people fit 15's on their yaris without any trouble

cheers guys

:lol:

It's nothing to do with the rim diameter (well not directly anyway) as the rolling diameter never really changes much - bigger rims means smaller tyres, but overall diameter shouldnt change much - its the width of the tyre - a 17" rim will be either 205 or 215 tyre - either of which will cause scuffing with passangers in the back. Before my TS i had a GS yaris, which I put 15" rims with a 195 tyre - this increase from a 175 tyre caused scuffing with any more than three passangers over bumps etc - a 205 0r 215 you ar looking at major scuffing with driver and front seat passanger on most bumps in the road - i dont think arch work will solve this..... fully adjustable hydraulic suspension might :D

Thanks for the replies everyone :)

If any of you do happen to have alloys that would fit my yaris, please don't hesitate to pm me as I would seriously be interested in making a purchase :lol:

ideally looking for 15's with low profiles (if fitted :P)

Thanks

Sam

I will be selling my TSport wheels sometime in the next few months - these will be a perfect fit for your Yaris!

Steve.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links