Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Paint Work

Pee wee

I've had my T-sport 3 weeks now and a great car, whatever you read elsewhere.

Apart from a few rattles (I've seen the other posts) to be fixed, I have noted that the paintwork on the front bumper `stone chips' quite badly and seems quite soft (it is original).

Anyone had the same problems and anyone know a good paint protector to minimise this??

:unsure:

Hi Pee wee

Welcome to the club mate :group-cuddles: Take it back to the dealer and show them the stone chips on the bumper. They might even repair it for you out of good will since you have only had the car for 3 weeks. Sounds like the paint on the bumper is of poor finish.

jerry!!

Hi Pee wee

Welcome to the club mate :group-cuddles: Take it back to the dealer and show them the stone chips on the bumper. They might even repair it for you out of good will since you have only had the car for 3 weeks. Sounds like the paint on the bumper is of poor finish.

jerry!!

it just chips easily if you are not careful, happens with all cars that I drove around here, and new Corolla actually has quite thicker paintwork than previous one. Just make sure you dont drive too close to trucks on the highway...

I'm not impressed with the quality of the paint finish on mine either. It seems to get scratched very easily.

I've had it looked at by a proffesional valet and his opinion is that it's very thin. Common with most cars these days he added.

I've polished mine up with autoglym and put on a coat of the super gloss in a hope that gives it a bit of added protection.

Snert

B) Cheers for the posts guys, I'll see what I can do. It's not a new CTS but in A1 condition so a bit disappointed that within 3 weeks I have noticed this problem. May be it's my driving along those country roads!!

Loads of fun.

I haven't noticed any chips on my 3 week old T-Sport, most of my driving is motorway so I guess I'm just lucky so far. I had a Celica 140 before and that was a nightmare - I once counted 23 chips on the front bumper alone - a week after I had sorted out all the previous ones !

Accylad

mine is peppered with chips to. my car came with some little paint coloured plasters to cover them up. seem to work quite well.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links