Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

reverse gear crunch

hosy7

hi my daughter bought a 1l manual aygo last week ,she has told me of a crunching noise as she puts the car into reverse ,i had ago and i noticed it a couple of times but alot of the time it was smooth and silent the rest of the gears are fine this is the first toyota we have had is there a certain way to put car into reverse or do i have a problem some were

Good reason for you not to worry too much is the car is still under Toyota warranty. Is the clutch pedal being pushed fully, check that the seat is not too far back such that full depression cannot be achieved. If it was bought from a car sales place (Toyota dealer or not), take it back to them if it’s still occurring. If you bought it privately have a chat with the seller, one week is too short for them not to be involved if there is a problem.

Moved to the Aygo club.

18 hours ago, Catlover said:

Good reason for you not to worry too much is the car is still under Toyota warranty. Is the clutch pedal being pushed fully, check that the seat is not too far back such that full depression cannot be achieved. If it was bought from a car sales place (Toyota dealer or not), take it back to them if it’s still occurring. If you bought it privately have a chat with the seller, one week is too short for them not to be involved if there is a problem.

thanks its going in on friday morning to the local toyota dealer ,do you know if i can get them to do anywork needed under the warranty or do i have to take it back to the orignal dealer there both the same franchise

You can take it to any main dealer - make sure that the floor mat isn't up behind the clutch pedal

• Like 2

On 1/6/2020 at 1:32 PM, hosy7 said:

hi my daughter bought a 1l manual aygo last week ,she has told me of a crunching noise as she puts the car into reverse ,i had ago and i noticed it a couple of times but alot of the time it was smooth and silent the rest of the gears are fine this is the first toyota we have had is there a certain way to put car into reverse or do i have a problem some were

Not the perfect solution per-se, more of a work-a-round... but once stationary... select a forward gear, like 5th, then without letting the clutch out - select reverse.  It should now go in silently because the gearbox has been stopped using a syncromesh gear.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hosy7 said:

do you know if i can get them to do anywork needed under the warranty

If the fault is a manufacturing defect, it should be covered under the remainder of the new car warranty so any Toyota dealer should be able to do this, subject to a warranty claim being approved by Toyota.

However, if the fault is something else, this should be covered under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 - see 'the first six months' section of  https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act     Presumably as the dealer you're using is part of the same group, they may be able to cover the issue and charge the selling branch for the work.

Same applies to any manufacturer.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

If the fault is a manufacturing defect, it should be covered under the remainder of the new car warranty so any Toyota dealer should be able to do this, subject to a warranty claim being approved by Toyota.

However, if the fault is something else, this should be covered under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 - see 'the first six months' section of  https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act     Presumably as the dealer you're using is part of the same group, they may be able to cover the issue and charge the selling branch for the work.

Same applies to any manufacturer.

thanks very much for all the help will post a update after fridays vist to garage

20 hours ago, flash22 said:

You can take it to any main dealer - make sure that the floor mat isn't up behind the clutch pedal

already checked this thanks it has the mats that are fixed to the floor with clips

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links