Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota IQ 1.0 2009 Service Advice

EastLondonGuy

Hi,

I purchased my second IQ, it's a 1 lady owner car IQ2 1.0 Urban 5 speed in Urban Black, with full service history - 80% main agent and 20% private garage. Last major 10 year service was done in early March 2019.  Car is a mint box.  It's done 103k, looks and drives like 20k (believe me!).

When I looked on the Toyota site for fixed price servicing, an interim service is £165!

Can anyone recommend a service kit place online I can buy the bits and pieces?  What does it need?  Last 10 year service included brakes and MOT at the dealer.  I will be doing MOT elsewhere.

Just need a run down of stuff I need: i.e. oil, filter, sump plug washer, coolant flush?, pollen filter?, etc....

Thanks,

EastLondonGuy

On cars over five years old, one can reduce Toyota's service costs by joining their 5+ Club - which provides 20% off services and MOT's.

As the 10 year major service was done, the coolant should have been changed at that service. Provided Toyota's Super Long Life coolant was used (pink), not due to be changed for 6 years/60,000 miles from the date of the major service.

Ok thanks. I will find out more from Oakmere Toyota up North as they did the major service. 
Do you happen to have the 11th year service schedule? The Toyota fixed price website only goes up to 10 years. 
thanks again!

Hi, I phoned Oakmere Toyota.  The kind lady in service said that the major 10 year service carried out last year didn't have coolant in the itemised schedule - very odd considering it was a major service.

Anyway, on my way home last night, I thought i'd open the bonnet and have a look at the pink coolant liquid. When I took a look, in the vessel next to the rad, I could see the pink liquid in the reservoir tank - it was on 'full' marker. So, it appears it was done (I hope!).

Anyway, coming back to my original question, I doubt I'm going to use Mr T for an interim service soon - for an oil and filter and a clean they will charge me best part of £135+ (with 20% off).  That's daylight robbery. I would like to hear your views please?

So, if people agree I don't go to Mr T (pardon the rhyme), does anyone recommend a place to get my original Toyota bits online and a service schedule for the 11th year service please.  Also, I need a list of what to get.

IQ 1.0 Urban 2009 is my car - as a reminder.  It's done 103k FSH.

Thanks in advance. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links