Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Suspension Problem

Biff_Justice

Since I purchased my 2001 Toyota Corolla, my goal is to make it stand out amongst the rest of the crowd. I threw on a set of 17" Rims with low profile Kumho tires. The problem I'm now experiencing is nearly constant rubbing of the tires inside the wheel well. So much rubbing that I've had to lift the car two inches in back just to keep the tread on. The other day I was driving and to my dismay I hear "dude, lower your car". I have two options and either one would be fine:

1. Get a set of coil-overs and springs to adjust my ride height. Any information on the correct springs/coils to buy would help. Also, would this mod stop the rubbing?

2. Completely redo the suspension system. Not to lower but to raise. Remove the stock struts and arms and put in a truck lift kit. Again, any info on which parts to get would help, however I feel that most people will not know any of the parts I could get to fit a Corolla for that lift.

Please post back or e-mail me for any suggestions/advice you might have

roll your rear arches, make sure your offset for the wheels is no more then 40 or they will catch what ever you do to them!

you want 205/40/R17 tyres and not the 215 size if you have those

Remove the arch liner from the passenger side if your petrol tank is located that side, hence making it slightly heavier.

You should then resolve your problem, will be fine with 2 in the car, but 3 or 4 and it will still catch

I have mine lowered on standard shocks, 30mm apex springs, done what I mentioned above and it doesn't catch, that's on a 97 corolla

Kev

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links