Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Part Exchange

John R

I just got an e-mail from someone on eBay asking if I would p/x my car for his Audi:

Hi there, Would you be interested in a swap with a 1995 Audi S6 2.2 20V Turbo 5 cylinder, 230 bhp. My audi has the highest spec you can get it has....Climate control/ aircon, heated leather seats, on-board computer giving mpg/turbo pressure /miles till refuel etc, Six speed manual gearbox,electric heated mirrors, electric windows on all doors, central locking,alarm and immobiliser, 18" Audi alloys costing over £1000, ABS with differential braking, the legendry 4 wheel drive quattro drive system,traction control, its claimed to do 0-60mph in 6.4 seconds, it has just turned 90,000 miles on the clock which is under average for a 1995 car and as you will know is nothing for a german car especially an audi, these things go for years. If you are interested I could send you some pictures through your email. Many thanks Dave.

I'm not really in the position to part exchange, as I'd rather have the money. But do you think it would be worth it? It sounds like a nice comfy and pretty fast car....

I just got an e-mail from someone on Ebay asking if I would p/x my car for his Audi:

Hi there, Would you be interested in a swap with a 1995 Audi S6 2.2 20V Turbo 5 cylinder, 230 bhp. My audi has the highest spec you can get it has....Climate control/ aircon, heated leather seats, on-board computer giving mpg/turbo pressure /miles till refuel etc, Six speed manual gearbox,electric heated mirrors, electric windows on all doors, central locking,alarm and immobiliser, 18" Audi alloys costing over £1000, ABS with differential braking, the legendry 4 wheel drive quattro drive system,traction control, its claimed to do 0-60mph in 6.4 seconds, it has just turned 90,000 miles on the clock which is under average for a 1995 car and as you will know is nothing for a german car especially an audi, these things go for years. If you are interested I could send you some pictures through your email. Many thanks Dave.

I'm not really in the position to part exchange, as I'd rather have the money. But do you think it would be worth it? It sounds like a nice comfy and pretty fast car....

I have no idea on $$ etc but sounds like a good swap for a NA MR2 :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Hi John,

to be honest with you they S6's sound good but aren't really all that!! It is basically a model to celebrate the end of the Audi-100's, the front looks nice but the rear of the car is the same as an Audi 100 (looks pretty much out of date)

I had a N plate red one about 4 months ago - had 125k with a Full Service History and i sold it for £3400. BUT it did have standard alloys.

Parts on the S6 are pretty dear and to be honest they are a smooth car but not very perky.

More of a motorway muncher than an everyday local driving cruiser....

Rash.

personally mate - i wouldnt buy another as I had it advertised for 6 weks during which i had about 4 calls on it. :ffs:

I think it would sell for a maximum of around £4000-£4500 as it has expensive alloys.

A better car for the same money would be a Volvo T5-R

Rash.

I have no idea on $$ etc but sounds like a good swap for a NA MR2

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Big emphasis on sounds ;)

I know nothing about Audi's except one of there turbo wagons are basicly one of the quickest wagons in stock trim avalible :P

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Here's a What Car valuation of the car:

Prices

Dealer £6,318

Private £5,674

Part Ex £2,986

Trade £2,777

Cost New £34,210

Audi A6 (94-97) S6 4dr

Saloon 4dr

1995-N

Mileage 90,000

Broad engine choice, practicality, space, build quality, solid used buy and good value. Expensive to service and repair. Ride quality is lumpy next to BMW.

Suspension and axle components may need replacement or overhaul, while one in four problems trace back to the engine

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links