Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Long Shot - But Here Goes!

George16v

Forget who I work for and just read carefully what follows - are you happy to give someone who lists only mobile phone numbers and no business address five grand and trust what they tell you?

i wouldnt worry to much about that i brough my 2 off of an oldish guy who lived in the middle of no where in a small house surrounded by sheep and cows with his wife.

I only had his mobile number. He had my car and a supra on his drive and him imports toyotas to sell on in the UK. There was no diffrence with buying via him he still had a lock up somewhere local and a month later he did my cambelt but i do agree you must be safe about it mate.

looks a lovely car, not to bad a price either try to knock a couple of hundred off, go for it.

drove it, felt good. BUT 5 grand is alot - comments

paint seemed faded!

looks like a really nice car from the pics mate and the paint will probably just need some tlc.

Well basically the blokey seemed nice enough (but they all do if they think you will buy a car, I guess)

Said that it just needs a polish!

The engine was a bit dirty but he said that they leave it like that untill it is purchased then they clean it so you can see what it was like when it arrrived to them! - so seems ok.

Wheels were well nice too!

Cloth interior though and not a T-bar - Is 5 grand really not too much

Those lights at the back are wicked though!!

Well he seemed quite interested in my car so is going to ring me tomoz with a figure but TBH think it won't be enough

Oh also there were a few marks on the car - but should this be expected?

Like little touch up jobs.

Also should the turbo be cold when you touch it, The guy said he had litterally just got home so the car was still hot, Felt fast to drive though, but quite jumpy on the road, is this normal?

Just noticed its a tin-top!

Personally i wouldnt buy it purely for that reason (but thats just me)

does seem a little pricey and it doesnt sound like your hearts in it anyway mate.

Only for the same reason as you say about the roof, However - haven't seen a nicer car yet! apart from DeusMR2's ofcourse!

Can you simply up the boost in these cars or is it more complicated?

Sounds okay, wouldn't worry too much about little marks on the paint as long as they're not deep. Mileage is good for the year, would still knock the price down a bit if it was me.

rev3s all you need it a grainger valve (£17) and a boost gauge so you know what your turning it up to, £50 ish, turn it too high and bye bye engine.

Hard tops look better than T-bars, cleaner lines and lighter, and stiffer. No reason to not buy it.

its a rev 3 so 245bhp stock, better stronger engine than rev1 or 2 much more sought after car than rev1 or 2 hense the price jump, i'd pay £4700 for it.

I agree with steve £4700 sounds right to me i wouldnt pay £4999 but saying that prices of rev3's seems to have gone up.

I paid £4700 on a rev3 turbo 1994 M plate 47k miles hard top ;)

I got a lot of kit with it that was put on in Japan but that can be good or bad you really need to decide what the max millage is you want what colour you want and if you want hard top or t bar. Then all the other bits like your wheels (that look v nice may i add) and you exhaust is bonus for you and means you dont have to do it.

I never intended getting an mr2 turbo so didnt look that deepley into it. I knew if i had one i would like to have a t bar and in white or black. I ended up with a hard top in red (mines faded pretty bad too) but i gave up the colour and roof because the car has a full toms kit that as far as i know is pretty rare, HKS induction and Exhaust BOV nice steering wheel lowered lovley head unit and drove like a f**king mad thing :ffs:

im really glad i got it and probley lucky that i git the kit with it. If you buy it chuck it on rolling road bet its more than 245 B)

oh and get a nice hks induction kit on it and you will defo be putting more than 245

Well that has made me feel a little better!

I did want Red or Black so thats ok!

Did want T-bar but the blokey also said that the car was rigid and so handled better if not a t-bar, may be a sales pitch but have never had a convertible so prob. doesn't matter too much!

The exhaust was pretty big but didn't sound too loud so that was good.

No deep problems on paint work, I looked really hard around it.

Engine was dirty but ran very quietly so probably good, and gearbox and handling felt very tight and not loose so also good!

Overall I would buy this car, but I need to sell mine first!

If he finds someone tonight or tomorrow (which he said he will) then if it is a resonable price I will offer him 4500 and see what happens!

The headunit was pretty good, But the CD changer was missing a Cassette, But I said to him I would be taking out my Sound system to put in it and he said it didn't really matter for my car, price wise!!

Just have to wait now I suppose

Russ - has found a couple also - So shall soon be in one I'm sure!

Then shall have to come to a meet to meet you all face to face!

:D

looks a nice motor! if you are unsure can't you get an AA inspection or something similar??

Did want T-bar but the blokey also said that the car was rigid and so handled better if not a t-bar, may be a sales pitch

nah thats true mate

and i was going to ask about the exhaust its the same as mine by the sounds of it (no pun intended) HKS Hiper its jada approved that means its huge but like a mouse lol its bassy though.

heres a pic of mine is it the same?

Yup exactly the same, Does it get louder when warmed up matey!

Steve - Where would I get the boost gauge and grainer valve fitted?

Project Prelude - What sought of price are the HKS Filters?

nah not really mate. I was going to get the silencer removed but i havent got the guts to cut it up yet.

HKS Filters are pretty expensive i have an HKS powerflow induction kit i think there about £300 but i migth be well wrong. I paid £24 for a replacement element.

The sound awesome though.

Well at this rate I won't be able to do anything - Can't even sell my car :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links