Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sub Boxes

Markturbo

i have seen some of you guys subs in your cars, i already have 2x12" JLaudio w3 and 4x6x9 Speakers and two amps i want to put in i was just wondering how hard is it to build the sub boxes two fit behind the seats.

what would the best material to use i would greatfull if some could tell me how to do it measurements ect :unsure:

Ive built a box for myself and one for jimlad and i used the sizes below in the link.

I think most of us have 10" subs so i dont know if these sizes will be any good to you though, and to be honest if your fitting twelves, one will be plenty!!

Use mdf to build your box, at least 12mm thick will do.

sub box

well i will have to give it ago how did you join the wood together was it just pins and glue and was is it expensive for the materials and what do you reccomend i use to cover the box in :thumbsup:

i already have all that stereo but if i don't put all in i will sell some of it in

ps don't suppose you know how to take a double din kenwood stereo out

Yes mate pins and glue then i sealed it with silicone all round the inside

I got a half sheet of mdf from homebase for £7 and they cut it to all the sizes for me too (no charge)

As for for covering it, Halfords sell rolls of carpet to do the job and theres enough

to cover two mr2 sub boxes on the roll. £22 per roll

As for removing the stereo, its pretty easy.

Remove the plastic trim from around the gear stick it just clicks out.

there are 3 screws holding the trim around the stereo in place, two are behind the ashtray and the other is just below the lighter. the whole thing will now pull off and the stereo is held in place by two brackets.

its easy from here on in mate.

cheers for that if i take my double din stereo out what would i have to do so just a normal stereo holds in there and with my english stereo will it pick up all the radio station or will i have to still buy a band expander

You can remove the brackets from your old stereo and use them but youl need a

cubby hole or a blank to cover the big space you'll be left with!

And yes, you probably will need a band expander oh and possibly an iso wiring kit for the stereo.

Ive built a box for myself and one for jimlad and i used the sizes below in the link.

I think most of us have 10" subs so i dont know if these sizes will be any good to you though, and to be honest if your fitting twelves, one will be plenty!!

Use mdf to build your box, at least 12mm thick will do.

sub box

WHOA! So are you the lucky S.O.A.B. that got jimlads bomex front?!?!lol :P

Dave!

Hee hee, I am that man! sorry mate, you were only minutes too late

but on the upside he did kill a rabbit with it yesterday so it now needs a

large crack repaired!

i just fitted my normal stereo and it picks up all the radio stations fine i am going to fill the gap with three gauges not sure what yet i already have 2 boost gauges but what other ones are handy to have

i got 2 boost pressure ones what came with the car but oil pressure and volt meter sound good especially when i finish putting all my sound system in

my n/a has a volt meter in the dash where your boost gauge is,

so i can see what damage the bass is doing to the Battery!

yeah i had a uk n/a for bout a month till i sold it to get the tubby i will look around to get a volt meter and oil pressure gauge im not sure if im going to put both my amps in aswell yet

My amp is only running the sub and the Speakers are running off the standard amp and to be honest it sounds fine.

Because its such a small space, it doesn't take much volume to fill it

well i will probably just run it all off my 4 way amp its got enough power to do it but i just got to make the boxes first

As long as you stick to the sizes it'll fit fine but it does slightly

restrict how far the seats go back.

i have seen some of you guys subs in your cars, i already have 2x12" JLaudio w3 and 4x6x9 speakers and two amps i want to put in i was just wondering how hard is it to build the sub boxes two fit behind the seats.

.......hmmmm 12's <_<

I USED to have two 12's but even with custom made boxes the loss in recline was just to much for me....I have a pic somewhere if you want me to dig it up?? four 6x9's!! where are you gonna fit them all?? possibly the rears on top of the sub boxes but with 12's the boxes go pretty high up & unless you plan on custom front pods front 6'9's will be out of the question. Don't let me put you off though :) ........just a word of warning ;)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links